Thread: Help Requested

Red face Help Requested

What do you all think would be covered in an after market warranty?
    I just got a 2001 c320 after some thug hit and ran me out of my 1999 c230 on 4 of July! I got this on a great deal, single owner-old school teacher @48000 miles on it with a 10000 mile warranty and I am noticing a few glitches like SOS tele..whatevers, 1 malfunction...etc, sun roon slightly jammed, etc! Do you think that such if when taken in other than the diagnostic fee would be covered?
    Other than that, it is a very smoother ride and it has a great presence on the road.
    Kindly advise!

most aftermarket warranties don't cover much. never worth the money. most of them go out of business quickly. the tele-aid fault is probably an old analog unit that hasn't been upgraded to digital yet. the previous owner didn't want to pay that much for something they probably didn't use.

You are right! I thank you for your quick response!Just after I had jotted this messive; I rode over to the dealership here in Bethesda, MD and exactly the same thing they said! I guess it is that I can do without it. It will not affect the performance of the vehicle. It is just annoying seeing the SOS...call telle...1 malnifunction, etc! They quoted me that if I were to upgrade to the digital analogue.....it could cost like $1500 plus subscription to the service itself! That is so much to waste since I have a cell phone.
    Now it disappeared! The roof is also working again! Something!
    Thanks for sparing me the heartaches LOL!

you can get rid of that message by disconnecting the tele-aid control unit and then having the car coded as not having tele-aid installed but you would have to find someone with an sds or pay the dealer to do it.

WOW! You sound very knowlegeable! Thanks! Will do so this weekend, well; take it to the dealership.