Thread: Little trouble after cluster led conversion...

Little trouble after cluster led conversion...

So, SRS light is on for about one minute after I start the car. Is it something which could be solved by CPU reset or I have to live with that?
    It turns off after approx one minute and that's it. Right after I start the engine it turns off for a second and then it came on and stays like that for a minute...

Strange if you ask me.

This means that an SRS event has been recorded, but is no longer active. It can be reset, but only with a scanner designed to do so, or a STAR diagnostic unit. Disconnecting the battery will not do it.

Originally posted by stox
    This means that an SRS event has been recorded, but is no longer active. It can be reset, but only with a scanner designed to do so, or a STAR diagnostic unit. Disconnecting the battery will not do it.
    So, you claim that it is actually fixable. I have access to Bosch KTS diagnostic tool, what do you think, is it good enough to reset that?

Originally posted by grga
    So, you claim that it is actually fixable. I have access to Bosch KTS diagnostic tool, what do you think, is it good enough to reset that?
    I have no idea if a Bosch KTS will perform the function. Give it a try and find out. Otherwise, find someone with a STAR, or some other unit that will.

Yes, Bosch KTS540 actually solved my little troubles, SRS light works properly after deleting errors.

Its because you turned the key while you had the cluster out... I guarantee it. Iv done it many times..
    Simple OBD2 scanner can clear it.. I think.. I used my dads full on MB diag tool
    1996 C36

-blacked out grill
    -cold air intake
    -flat hood emblem
    -full custom bent exhaust
    -stereo things.