Thread: does this happen to anyone with h.i.ds

does this happen to anyone with h.i.ds

i had h.i.ds onmy car for a while now but never really paid much mind to what happens when i turn my lights on...... for some apparent reason when i turn the headlight switch on all my dashboard lights n default signals flash real quick n my clock resets does anybody know what might be causing this problem maybe i need a relay?

Image Hosting

Sure doesn't for me...

Not for me either, but one of mine headlights is changing color ?
    Mercedes
    Engineers
    Racecars
    Carfully
    Economically
    Drivability
    Even
    Safety

I used to have a problem (somtimes still happens) Where are my numbers in the cluster, like the clock and odometer go away and have to restart the car. I found it to be the HID's pulling too much power from your headlight harness. Im sure those aren't BOSCH HID's.

The cheap-o HID's that most of us put in just arent the greatest. Try regrounding the harness and if the harness for those lights isnt getting power from somewhere other than your headlight wiring that is defiantly why. When HIS's power on the pull a hell of a lot of current to fire. So just install a relay or if there already is one built in get power from the terminal under your washer bottle.
    1996 C36

-blacked out grill
    -cold air intake
    -flat hood emblem
    -full custom bent exhaust
    -stereo things.

yea dats exactly wat happens thanx for ur help

no problem. I was in the same boat wondering what was going on. I After i fixed it, I have only had it happen a few times, but it happens once I fire up my fog lights too. I have HID's in the headlight spot and the top fogs. So it might be a bit much for it to pull out of that harness.
    1996 C36

-blacked out grill
    -cold air intake
    -flat hood emblem
    -full custom bent exhaust
    -stereo things.