Thread: My tapedeck sometimes dies on me

My tapedeck sometimes dies on me

Hi guys, my c43 has the original MB Audio 30 tapedeck BOSE audio, sometimes when I want to turn up the volume, the tapedeck dies on me, I have to push the on/off button and it comes back to life!
    I only have to touch the button without pressing it and it dies on me.
    What's wrong here?

second question is about the BALANCE function on the tapedeck, if I testplay on the right speakers side (passenger side) the sound is louder,
    The left side sounds lower?
    Why is it like this?

Does it have anything to do with the AMP?

I had my car checked with the computer no codes!

Do you have any solutions>?
    thanx

best over all thing to do is replace the radio. your talking about a deck that is 10 years old and the changer if you have one doesn't even play mp3. if your deck has the optional mbus style plug in the back the new deck will have to be rewired. but if it has the harness wired style plug then you can blow threw it and keep the factory amp. most any car mobile place could do this but if you have some wiring knowledge then you may be able to tackle this with minimum effort. (ME) as a mobile installer would charge a 100 bucks for a rewire plus the deck install plus materials. all you would be doing to rewire the deck bypassing the amp would be catching all your speakers leads at the amp and running them to the deck unless you decide to do a 4 channel amp which would allow you better over all sound plus a easier install since the amp can be placed in the rear. so by doing this you will have to run a 4 channel rca to the rear and run the speaker leads to the amp instead of running them to the front.
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

People still listen to tapes?

OG Moderator
    8-track rules!
    1999 C230 Kompressor

Originally posted by OCKlasse
    People still listen to tapes?
    Sounds crazy but sometimes I find it so neat that I can pop in and bop to an old RUN DMC tape going down the street on a hot day - sounds good too for a tape deck!

As far as your problem with the deck, I have never heard of it.,...perhaps a contact with the push button.

For the balance, it could be just the perception of sound that one side is louder.

My question is, on the BOSE system, how come the rear door speakers sound louder than the front door speakers? Is it because the fronts are mostly bass/mid? Weird.
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

Originally posted by benzonline
    Sounds crazy but sometimes I find it so neat that I can pop in and bop to an old RUN DMC tape going down the street on a hot day - sounds good too for a tape deck!

As far as your problem with the deck, I have never heard of it.,...perhaps a contact with the push button.

For the balance, it could be just the perception of sound that one side is louder.

My question is, on the BOSE system, how come the rear door speakers sound louder than the front door speakers? Is it because the fronts are mostly bass/mid? Weird.
    when you enter the settings on the tapedeck you can choose if you want the sound to be louder in the front of the cabin or louder from the rear of the cabin, I think it was called FADER (Luke I'm your FADER)
    IS IT THIS WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?

Sometimes it feels like I'm loosing my hearing, it feels like the drivers doors front speaker and the tweeter on dashboard is so low sounding almost dead, I'm turning my head from left to right to try to hear if it comes any sound from the drivers door when I drive my car, I hear the right side perfect and drivers side is lower!

I know for a fact that music industry records new sound and 1 channel is a tad lower than the other one, Stereo sound is not always in the same rec level mode when playing or recording.
    Thanks for your wisdom