Thread: Euro Headlights off of Ebay. Any experience?

Euro Headlights off of Ebay. Any experience?

One of my clear corners I bought 5 years ago snapped off and flew off while I drove on 101. Need to replace, but saw that my plastic headlight lenses look aged. Does anyone have experience with these kits? Or any other ideas are welcome.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-00...Q5fAccessories
    744 C230K

please. any help?
    744 C230K

Plastic headlight lenses? I thought they were glass??
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

Well whatever my stock lenses are, they look older... any thoughts on the item on ebay?

I also came across these as well and saw that some members have them. Would I need any additional parts that I would need to make these work? Quality/performance issues?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...Q5fAccessories
    744 C230K

Originally posted by steponit
    Well whatever my stock lenses are, they look older... any thoughts on the item on ebay?

I also came across these as well and saw that some members have them. Would I need any additional parts that I would need to make these work? Quality/performance issues?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...Q5fAccessories
    The main issue people hav are foggin of the lens due to condensation because water gets in. This can be solved (in most cases) by sealing it yourself once before you install them.

Yeah I say you get the ones on the second link. The projectors look better IMO. But I cant comment on the extra parts to install or even if they are plug and play. Hopefully someone with personal experience will comment on this thread for you.
    2000 C23K Sport / Custom Magnaflow Exhaust / H7 6000k HIDs / Zimmerman Cross Drilled Rotors / Real CF B Pillars & CF Spoiler / Smoked LED Tails / H&R / Bilstein / V1 Radar/Laser Detector

Yea I have projectors like that on my old C230 except they are black. They fit ok into the headlight casings but kinda stick out at the sides. Also when I installed them I realized that they aren't plug and play because the stock ones have 5 pins in the back while mine had only 4 pins so I had to get them rewired in order to work. Though the link you gave didn't show any pics from the back so I can't verify if it is a 5 or 4 pin headlight. Just my 2 cents for ya thou.

OG Moderator
    I have the black housing 1 piece projector, I love the look.
    and the whole 4 or 5 pin connector issue is an easy fix. there is no need to rewire anything. just swap out the plug for either a 4 pin or 6 pin connector depending on what you need. MB dealers carry the connector housings, if not they can order it.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--