hello;

I have been driving in the "S" mode for a few months. Yesterday I decided to switch to "W" (its suppose to start in 2nd gear and help save fuel). So I made the switch...

Earlier today, while driving 60KM/hr I decided to accelerate to about 70-80KM/hr the rpms jumped from 2K to about 4.5K then I realized that the transmission had shifted out of gear and the high RPM was just a result of my foot pressing the gas pedal. I had to slow to about 40KM/hr for the transmission to reengage. I was able to drive along with no issues when I accelerated slowly to 80KM/hr. No other problems with engine or anything. No engine light....yet.

I attempted to duplicate this, and I was able to do it every time. As long as I am driving at around 60km/hr and I accelerate the tranny shifts of gear.

Reading some of the posts indicate a faulty MAF sensor. But I didn't read anyone having the same symptoms as the ones I experienced. I don't have a problem, cold starting nor does the car stall.

I switched back to "S" mode and I am still able to duplicate the symptom except with "S" mode the tires sequel and trigger the ESP light upon acceleration.