Thread: Im going to TURBO my W202!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yeh i think you will be just fine with the n/a cooling setup,the electric fan sure looks tidy!!

Sounds like you have the hoses sorted,$4CAD per foot is much cheaper than here!...what do the hose ends cost there?(eg 90 Degree)

Surely there must be more available than the evo sport cooler?,$450 is pretty pricey lol but if its made for the job and fits perfect than i guess its a go-er!. have you got any pics of the evosport?

Thanks mang!,lucky the alloy 3/8 tube is cheap($12nzd per 5m)...i used about 4m trying to make just that one part^^...then found its more efficient to make the prototype in sections and use hose to stick em together...then bend the final off that!

Where my coolant comes out of the block iv taken a fitting and machined the AN off the top,then drill and tapped an M14x1.5 into its centre to allow the -6 Banjo to bolt up,i forget what size the thread is into the block(just ran down stairs to find the old drain fitting but could find it^^)

Nope thats the chain tensioner,if you release it remember to reset it before reinstall!...heres a pic of the oil feed:

Cool will be interesting to see how this FB cooler fits in!

Will get you pics of the rad tank etc etc soon !!!
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Updates??? ...*brushes off the cobwebs^^
    Last edited by Pagz; 02-25-2011 at 10:31 AM.

im curious as well. ive been contemplating the turbo idea or the engine swap idea as well. then i just figured why not do an engine swap and then turbo that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 23K View Post
    Yeh i think you will be just fine with the n/a cooling setup,the electric fan sure looks tidy!!

Sounds like you have the hoses sorted,$4CAD per foot is much cheaper than here!...what do the hose ends cost there?(eg 90 Degree)

Surely there must be more available than the evo sport cooler?,$450 is pretty pricey lol but if its made for the job and fits perfect than i guess its a go-er!. have you got any pics of the evosport?

Thanks mang!,lucky the alloy 3/8 tube is cheap($12nzd per 5m)...i used about 4m trying to make just that one part^^...then found its more efficient to make the prototype in sections and use hose to stick em together...then bend the final off that!

Where my coolant comes out of the block iv taken a fitting and machined the AN off the top,then drill and tapped an M14x1.5 into its centre to allow the -6 Banjo to bolt up,i forget what size the thread is into the block(just ran down stairs to find the old drain fitting but could find it^^)

Nope thats the chain tensioner,if you release it remember to reset it before reinstall!...heres a pic of the oil feed:

Cool will be interesting to see how this FB cooler fits in!

Will get you pics of the rad tank etc etc soon !!!
    Sorry, just a question from this picture. Does the oil feed need to be tapped into the engine block or do you just add a banjo bolt fitted to an existing channel? I am in the process of gathering information in order to plan my own turbo conversion.
    You never had me, you never had your car