Im not sure at all why they are so different.. the rad width is identical, but the core thickness seems to be thicker on the 1999 rad (my old rad), Im not too concerned about it though as I think this set up will be able to flow more air with the huge suction fan mounted in front of it!
the trans oil cooler is still built onto the 1999 rad but its actually more on the end tank, more built in, where as the 1998 one looks like a separate tank stuck on the side! I've ordered the trans lines, so I should be getting those in tomorrow.
as for the aux water pump, I think I will have to move it before the turbo goes in, so I'm holding off on ordering the hose for now.

I had thought about using the stainless braided hose for the entire intercooler system, its not that expensive for the braided line.. definitely more expensive then regular heat resistant hose no doubt.. but its $3.99 a foot for the braided stainless hose. I'll be insulating anywhere that the braided lines touch.

turbo oil feed will for sure be either braided or solid line, most likely SS, and the return line, well Im not sure yet.

I have thought about that a lot actually, but I don't know if the cooling properties would be the same for an oil cooler, I don't know if the fin size and design would warrant good cooling.
I have found one that is PERFECT.. the evosport one, but the heat exchanger alone is $450! I'm going to ask if he can give it to me any cheaper. all he can say is no right?!

thats good.. nice weekend away with the girl is always relaxing and fun!
good to see you got some pipe bent up!.. and I must say it turned out absolutely amazing Paul, nice work. is that SS or Aluminum pipe? very nice mang.
I must say it probably isn't easy at all to get the to line up perfectly like that. really nice work. I'm very impressed.

what size fitting did you use to convert the coolant bleeder on the block to the fittings you used?
and also, the pic I posted last post about the oil feed from the block.. am I right on that one?

*EDIT* I just ordered my liquid to air barrel style intercooler from frozenboost.com, should have that in 6-10 days!