Thread: Exhaust mufflers: how to install? Which one of these 2 to choose for deepest sound?

Exhaust mufflers: how to install? Which one of these 2 to choose for deepest sound?

Whats the best way to remove the stock muffler and install a new one?

I've read that its better to go with screws, cause welding the pipes is too much stress and it wont be air tight. But how do I hang it up to the body?
    Can I just hang it on a metal strip, which i just screw into the cars underside, or?

I've got 2 aftermarket mufflers for $25, still cant decide which one I want to install. The oval one will look better IMO, but does any1 know which one makes deep "wroom" sound? I dont my Benz to sound like Formula 1.

(sorry for the mess in my trunk, i forgot the juice )

hmm. you have a couple options but both would involve taking your car to an exhaust shop. should be ~100 bucks to install. 1. cut your exhaust off and weld adapters to both your existing pipe and your exhaust so you could bolt it on. or 2. weld that sucker on. regarding the brackets. the exhaust shop will make hangers accordingly to your car. use the rubber bushings, they prevent noise and also lets your exhaust move freely. if you want just a deeper tone, you wont need to remove the resonator. If you want your car a lot louder, take it out.

personally, i'd add the dual tip exhaust but weld new tips on. they look too far apart but should sound fine.

Saved the 100 bucks - installed myself!

i had mine put on at a local muffler shop and cost me about 40 bucks , i wont have to worry about anything knowing it was welded and professionally installed ;D
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

That sounds amazing!
    My W202 2000 C230 Kompressor
    Like us on Facebook!
    MODS: Magnaflow 14833 | OEM Sport White Gauges | OEM Faux Carbon Fiber Trim | OEM Sport Steering Wheel | CLK320 Airbox | LED Interior Lighting | 6K HID Headlights | L-Shaped Daytime Running Lights | 22' Kicker Subwoofer | 3M Carbon Fiber Di-Noc Door Pillars | Amber Corners | K&N Airbox Filter |

nice. did you weld it yourself? careful with cracks and such. extreme heating and cooling might crack DIY welds. loss in back pressure will result in loss in torque. just a heads up.