Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: supercharger pulley upgrade

I know the thread is over two years old, but I was wondering if Jeff ever got a chance to view the stock supercharger pulley?

here is my pulley in the works Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pulley1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	2930
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pulley2.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	2931

What size is that going to be?

9 1/8 th inches Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_951239981628843.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	2953

That's big. Are you going to gring down the supercharger pulley too?

How are you going to address fueling?

Fuckers massive.. said no woman ever .... Lolol
    And I don't know yet I was reading on that a little , some guys over in the Taiwan group use a manual fuel regulator. But I want to see what boost I'm at first and how it runs before I mod the s.c pulley and fuel system at most I should need a bigger fuel regulator
    Only issue is I had the head off and was porting and polishing it also (see other post)

You want to add fueling only when needed. And thats only at open loop, otherwise you mess up the fuel trims. You add fuel above 7PSI to get an AFR 12 and you'll be flying!
    For fueling I suggest this:

First clamp the MAF signal at 4.6V
    then add fuel with this
    https://splitsec.com/product/aic1-g2...or-controller/

using something like this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weld-on-Addi...-/261843239446

I was already at 8-9 psi stock I'm going to have a tuner do all the necessary stuff for the maf as far as fuel I'd rather drop a bigger fpr and injectors and run a tad lean

Quote Originally Posted by piko View Post
    You want to add fueling only when needed. And thats only at open loop, otherwise you mess up the fuel trims. You add fuel above 7PSI to get an AFR 12 and you'll be flying!
    For fueling I suggest this:

First clamp the MAF signal at 4.6V
    then add fuel with this
    https://splitsec.com/product/aic1-g2...or-controller/

using something like this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weld-on-Addi...-/261843239446
    Sorry guys for the thread hijack but it's a relevant question.

Piko, what do you reckon. Will I be running too lean with 10psi @ max rev's? I don't have a AFR gauge installed but have clamped the MAF @ 4.7v.
    JJJ.

Quote Originally Posted by vaspen View Post
    I was already at 8-9 psi stock I'm going to have a tuner do all the necessary stuff for the maf as far as fuel I'd rather drop a bigger fpr and injectors and run a tad lean
    It doesn't matter how much fuel you add by increasing the fuel pressure and adding bigger injectors, the ECU will adapt to the increased fuel in closed loop and bring the fuel back down to where it was before you changed the FPR and injectors. I've done it overy and over, good afr for e few miles then it goes back to above AFR 13.5.

Believe me I've tried it all.
    If you want to unlock the full potential of the engine you need to get the AFR down to at least 12.5 or the ECU will be pulling ignition timing. I will run but you'll be down by at least 20HP.
    There are only two ways of doing this:
    -bigger injectors and ECU remaped for them (this would be optimal but not many can to this)
    -auxilary fuel injectors controlled by a piggyback.

Quote Originally Posted by John Jones Jr. View Post
    Sorry guys for the thread hijack but it's a relevant question.

Piko, what do you reckon. Will I be running too lean with 10psi @ max rev's? I don't have a AFR gauge installed but have clamped the MAF @ 4.7v.
    The stock injectors don't provide enough fuel for much over stock boost. Didn't you have yours remaped?
    Many people just run higher boost with stock fueling and the ECU takes care of knock by reducing ignition timing. It does a good job but you're loosing a lot of power that way.

I also have port polish. And a nice header/full exhaust on mine I already know I need tuned they will do it for 600

The stock injectors don't provide enough fuel for much over stock boost. Didn't you have yours remaped?
    Many people just run higher boost with stock fueling and the ECU takes care of knock by reducing ignition timing. It does a good job but you're loosing a lot of power that way.
    Thanks for the replay Piko. Yes, I had mine remapped. So, that may help?

Would it be beneficial to just change to larger injectors anyway (without an ECU remap to suit) and if so importantly is there suitable injectors that are a direct swap that won't cost a fortune? I think I know the answer but would like to hear your view.
    Last edited by John Jones Jr.; 03-01-2016 at 02:17 PM.
    JJJ.

By just changing the injectors and not remaping the ECU for them you will not add any fuel. A lot of injectors will fit (the most common high impedance bosch type EV1) but It will just be a waste of money if you don't have the ECU remaped for them!

By just changing the injectors and not remaping the ECU for them you will not add any fuel. A lot of injectors will fit (the most common high impedance bosch type EV1) but It will just be a waste of money if you don't have the ECU remaped for them!
    Thanks for clarifying that. Hopefully my remap will aid fuelling/power. I must make a point of getting it on the rolling road again, the only downside it won't be same RR as previous.
    JJJ.

my pulley is on and everything is back together now, for a 9 1/8th pulley I threw no check engine light
    ported and polished it still no check engine light
    supper happy customer ? yep totally me ... 1st is quite the launcher .. haha
    I do have the flat spot just under 3grand something just kinda stutters but none the less..
    I will get a afr wideband and boost gauge put in sometime this month and I will get it tuned
    motor revs way faster only downside is the exhaust is so dammed loud going with a quieter setup soon

Try decreasing the plug gap to get ridd of the stutter.

I know what you mean about first gear...sits on the revlimiter :b

just hooked up a boost gauge and I'm at 12 psi just crank pulley and mind you I have the head ported
    next I'm going to update the intercooler and piping

yours is a Manuel isn't it ... I'm gelly ... lol mine isn't that hard but I haven't trans break launched it yet (sitting just under t.c lock up point )
    if I wana launch hard now I have to take traction control off haha
    Last edited by vaspen; 03-05-2016 at 12:05 PM.

Once you sort out the fueling you'll be smilling even more.

What you really mean is when I finally get it tuned properly haha 30ish hp gains completely stock ? From eurocharged tune ? Shoot I wonder what I could achieve after I get rid of Mercedes held back o.e tune

Running 0.85 bar peak, 0.75 bar constant.
    Definitely faster than stock but not very stable, sometimes it pulls pretty hard, sometimes it felt sluggish.
    I am running on oversized pulley alone, with hard piping and open blow-off / cone filter intake.
    Had a header on but it blew and cracked after few weeks.
    5 speed do made me envy... I want to swap my 722.6 out for a clutch pedal too!!

Some Taiwanese guy was tempering with FPR and injector, don't know how it goes, I am going to try replacing mine with Sannyoung motor's M104 injectors, heard they are identical as C36's

Djjs we must be the same lol I'm feeling the same response from my car you are getting dose yours have a loud lifter noise? (Made this noise prior to port and polishing the head) thinking something bad in exhaust or drive shaft
    I have a dynocomp header for a w203-230 kompressor
    I don't make jack for power until late 3500+ lol its really time for a high stall converter for me
    my next step of attack is tune- see what the injectors are at (if I need bigger or not) do the s.c pulley for even more booooossttt and a bigger intercooler
    Maby lower gear set for more gnarly takeoffs lol

My C200k with a smaller 83mm charger pulley now, along with the 220mm crank pulley. I also fitted a bigger intercooler and made a 80mm charger intake pipe. Peak boost is 1.1bar (just before redline), but just above 0.9 through the rev range. The bigger intake raised boost by almost 0.2bar but the new intercooler lowered it by 0.1bar. The much cooler charge air more than makes up for the boost drop. IAT's are 30 degrees C lower and cool down ver quickly when off boost.
    Kicking ass: