Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1997 I6 C280 the the best magnaflow muffler?

mine barely droned. i liked the tone it had. and i wanted it louder and smoother so i put a magnaflow resonator in as well. I remember when i first got the muffler installed i thought it was too loud, but then it grew on me and i loved it.
    2014 Black Sapphire BMW 328d xDrive
    1997 Brilliant Silver C36 AMG 183k miles (SOLD)
    1994 Spruce Green C280 176k miles (SOLD)
    Drexel Business '11

It only drones below 2500 rpm, and if you go above 3500 it sounds amazing don't get me wrong but i just hate it when i push the gas after a complete stop like red lights or stop signs. it feels good when i'm cursing and i take the foot of the gas, is quiet. I wish it was like that when I get of a complete stop. Anythink I can do? I will but back the OEM air filter even though is dirty and now I have a K&N drop in, and I have a little dynoliner i'm gone put in the trunk to see if it will change anything.

So a friend of mine has been researching somethign called a Helmholtz Resonance Theory.. and its pretty popular topic in the camaro/corvette/trucks scene. It seems like a easy thing to do, except for measuring the pipe length. People also name it T pipe or J pipe which you add a capped pipe to your exhaust to eliminate the drone, depending on your drone RPM range, the pipe size will vary. there is a formula around the net too.

Here is a thread that has many camaro drivers doing the J pipe/helmholtz theory and seems to work for them.....
    http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102075
    1997 C280 Sport