Thread: Rear end gears

Rear end gears

Where would you get some different gears for a 202? Dang it sulaco Ive been thinking about that since you mentioned it in the lsd thread lol
    "The Best or Nothing"

Somebody! For goodness sake, make some 3.73 gears or something =(
    ====================
    VISIT THE W201nW202 YOUTUBE PAGE:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/W201n202

1999 Mercedes C230 Kompressor / Rust Bucket, No MODS
    2001 Mercedes E430 Sport
    2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    ====================

will be looking at this when i get back holidays at the end of septerber

Mike why on god's green earth would you want to change the gears? I do understand that these are geared for more hiway travel, thus the higher gearing. Have you thought of rubber and rim selection? This might be an easier avenue to do. If not any good machine shop could build you whatever you want. If bottom end is what you seek try a smaller combo on rubber. But you give up top end. There be a mathmatical formula some where just dont know it, sorry. What is you up to??????????

Yeah its great for cruzin but I don't cruise at highway speeds all that much and well I don't do 135 MPH on a daily basis so I was thinking some different gears would help me launch lol I am definitely not going smaller on rims though, 15's are sooo tiny lol Thanks for the help, hows your c280 doing?

This is a realm i am not for sure about! Do differnt models have different gearing? Mine was built in germany. Say a c36 has a different rear end, is it swapable withe the 230 model? All without mods? Their has got to be different gearing for different models. From different years and different country makes ie. america, canada, germany. Now that is a question i wish i could answer!! Cause I have never drempt of it. It has to be possible or mercedes would not be racing!! did ya get my pm??

I have no clue lol I wish I knew everything about them to be like "oh yeah that'll work" lol Mercedes just doesn't wanna help the 202 crowd I guess lol Nope I haven't gotten one?
    "The Best or Nothing"