Thread: SpeedtuningUSA

SpeedtuningUSA

Hey guys I'm trying to raise some kind of money to help with college. These guys did the tune on my car and I contacted them recently about advertising maybe. They told me to refer them for a tune and he will give me a percent of the tune. He does tuning on 202's and I had great results. I noticed a noticeable difference in power, the main Guy is named Oliver. He's a nice Guy when I dealt with him and I'm trying to help get his shop out there... The cost is $325 for any tune. You can send them the stock ecu and they'll overnight it back for $350 all together. He also has pieces machined that slip over the pulley for the Kompressor engines.
    They're phone is: 301-421-9464
    Address: 2203 Spencerville Road
    Spencerville, MD 20808
    If you are interested give him a call or check put his site! Remember to mention Mike Johnson if you call! Thanks
    Last edited by Mike51809; 07-05-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    "The Best or Nothing"

No one at all is interested?

I messaged these guys about their tune and some more information on it, but they didn't provide me with any expected gains. All they said was they can adjust timing, fueling, and throttle response for $325. Knowing that our stock ECUs have a hard time learning and adapting to new information, would this really be worth over 300 dollars? I'd like to know how the tune made your car feel since we have about the same performance mods on our cars. Also they quoted me $1000 for a custom pulley not including new belt/step colder plugs etc..
    2000 C230 Kompressor: Eibach Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Full Polyurethane LCA Bushings,
    Custom CAI, Full Header-back Catless Exhaust, Lorinser Muffler, Euro Plate
    15% Rear Window Tint, OEM 18" AMG Monoblock's, 10mm Rear Spacers
    Lorinser Side Badges, Lorinser rear badge, Lorinser steering wheel badge, Lorinser Aluminum Pedals, Lorinser Hood Emblem,
    Avantegarde Grill, 2 12" Rockford Fosgate Subwoofers with RF 800W amp, Kenwood KIV701 150W Head Unit.

When he talked to me he told me I'd make 20-30 HP and about the same in torque. I noticed a difference in get up and go like crazy lol when I did the tune I only had the exhaust done and it did have more power. When I got the ecu back I started the car and it died but I called him and he said the throttle bodies weren't used to the tune and said just drive it, so I did and the more I did the faster it got. I thought it was worth it, you can tell him you have mods and he can tune for that the best he can. That's insane for the pulley, he quoted me $400... Ill talk to him about that if your interested and get everything direct from him. I was very happy with the tune though, holds gears a little longer, it has more power everywhere in the powerband and smooth idle still

I'm very sorry though, ill straighten it out. Its a lot of money and I'm not out to scam anyone at all, if he wont quote me what he did before don't go to him, I thought he was cheaper and I thought I could get youguys a good deal

No worries at all! Thats great you noticed a difference with the tune though.. I'm very skeptical of tuning companies only because I know there are a select few out there that simply add some resistors to trick the car into better throttle response and thats it, no in-depth tuning. Just wanted to make sure SpeedtuningUSA is legit with the work it provides, considering it only alters timing, fueling, and throttle. If all goes as planned for me I do want to pick up a custom pulley and then the tune.
    Would you mind posting some in-car vids showcasing the throttle response and power of the tune?
    2000 C230 Kompressor: Eibach Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Full Polyurethane LCA Bushings,
    Custom CAI, Full Header-back Catless Exhaust, Lorinser Muffler, Euro Plate
    15% Rear Window Tint, OEM 18" AMG Monoblock's, 10mm Rear Spacers
    Lorinser Side Badges, Lorinser rear badge, Lorinser steering wheel badge, Lorinser Aluminum Pedals, Lorinser Hood Emblem,
    Avantegarde Grill, 2 12" Rockford Fosgate Subwoofers with RF 800W amp, Kenwood KIV701 150W Head Unit.

Yeah I can do that, just remember I have a cai, e3 plugs, and an exhaust like yours What speed does your car shift from 2nd? Just wondering because after the tune it holds it longer I thought than mine did stock lol

"The Best or Nothing"

Nice gains Mike. You can tell it's got more oomph.

Thanks man! Did it all myself I think the pulley and methanol will really add to the power, it could be faster if I was shifting maybe, hard to hold the phone at the same time lol