try wheelexperts or some wheel stores around your area there
    they should have them in stock
    \"F*** new model cars, we ridin\' ol\' school\" €

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by nokia8860
    hahah see i knew it from the pics

now the question is are you ase brake certified to be doing this

he..hee.

Dude I am not altering the internal part of the caliper.
    Instead I am using it as it intended for..

If some one can make a "C" or "J" type collar that would be ideal
    this collar would be between the caliper and the brake lines

I have measure it, that I can run the line a little bent just fine without interfering with the wheel movement (left/right) or suspension movement (up/down)

Originally posted by VaC280
    How much longer are the front SS lines than normal? I would probably have to have Troutman make me longer lines for my C43.
    I have to measure my original line again, and let you that.
    Since I order the lines from Troutman custom length relative to my Stock C36 lines

Regardz,

J Irwan by AMG........Motorsport.

OG Moderator
    cool thanks for the xplanation, so all you need are longer lines or that j bend for it to work the right way.
    Got BRABUS?

Junaidi,

Troutman should be able to supply you the needed 90 degree bend on the brake fitting. Just make sure you give yourself plenty of brakeline.

Also it looks as though the bleeder valve will be at the bottom of the caliper, is that correct?

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Also it looks as though the bleeder valve will be at the bottom of the caliper, is that correct?
    Speedybenz,
    Would the bleeder valve being mounted on the bottom cause a problem when bleeding the brakes?

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by speedybenz
    Junaidi,

Troutman should be able to supply you the needed 90 degree bend on the brake fitting. Just make sure you give yourself plenty of brakeline.

Jeff

I have the custom brake lines from Troutman, also the one on my car also Troutman
    I will call Bill at Troutman, to see if they can have make me a J shaped fitting/collar.

And you correct, the bleeder valve now will be at the bottom.
    I guess this should make my bleeding job a lil easier (just little not by much )

Regardz,

OG Moderator
    J_ - You can ring up Sander for some spacers -

909-468-1311

bah! I see now...i feel like a dummy head. nice work, guess it helps to actually have a car and caliper sitting in front of you to find a good solution eh?
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

J_,

With the bleeder valve on the bottom you will need to bleed the front brakes with the calipers off the car. You will need to have the bleeder valve pointed up for the air to get out since the air is lighter than the brake fluid.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by speedybenz
    J_,

With the bleeder valve on the bottom you will need to bleed the front brakes with the calipers off the car. You will need to have the bleeder valve pointed up for the air to get out since the air is lighter than the brake fluid.

Jeff

Jeff

couldn't I just use a small hose and make pointed this hose slanted upward, to get the air out..?

Regardz,

but then wouldn't you have to find a way to force the air bubbles out of the caliper?
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by Renn 208
    but then wouldn't you have to find a way to force the air bubbles out of the caliper?
    What I am thinking before with this hose act an extenstion of the caliper channel.

When there is no buble on the hose, that means the caliper should be out of buble as well...? no..?

Regardz,

Well you could try, but I don't think you are going to have much luck. But just turn it over the put osme old pads in the caliper to keep the new pads spaced out and bleed. Not really that much of a hassle.

Jeff

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by Eurosport
    J,
    do you think they would fit 18" double spokes style IV ET 37? Stock there's very small clearance.

As far as any other mods needed to the brakes/rotors none right?

ty

Dude now that I think about it
    you wheel is the standard wheel of CLK55 (W209) right..

then it should fit since both C32 and CLK55 (W209) have the same exact brake setup..

if you want mine is still up for grab..

you know you want it dude

Regardz,

J out of curiosity how much are you selling the c32 brake rotor and caliper

OG Moderator
    Here is my asking price.

Regardz,

BUMP....can someone provide details on the brake line dimensions for this upgrade? Where to get them if you have a good contact?? Thanks!
    97 Brabus C280 Sport

sorry to be a thread digger, but none of the pictures work, and i am curious to see how you got the piston orentation right? Did you swap the halfs of the calipers from L to R? Can you repost pics? THANKS!!
    1993 black/black 190e 2.6

Sorry for the late reply. I have pics I can post, but it may take me a while. Steve, the guy who actually did the work for me took pics and I'm not sure how or where he posted them. I can mail to you if you need them right away. Otherwise I will make a page to store them on within a week.

As for your question, we mounted them just the way they come out of the box and in the C280 factory position, not like the C32. After taking a look at the piston size difference (minimal) we decided not to split them apart as some others have done. The stock lines are just long enough to reach and fit in the factory bracket, but I think we tossed the dust plates. They work great...I doubt there is any difference if we would have turned them around.
    97 Brabus C280 Sport

bump for repost of pics??

The pictures may be gone forever.

But here is a picture of someone in Canada who has done the same kind of mod.

The guy's screen name is Saaboteur who is a Lawyer and a wrench head by hobby.

Pictures courtesy of Saaboteur:

His whole thread is located HERE on page 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearlove View Post
    bump for repost of pics??

I have done it as well... such a good mod for 202's

RoyalFlush202

did you run them upside down or pull them to bits and swap the housing over?

I'm running them upside down. Never had any issues. Still stops damn well lol.
    RoyalFlush202