Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB Turbo Stuff

I'm very mechanically inclined though that's not a cure for laziness, just did all four brakes and coils plugs wires on the c36, myself. have done the belt tensioner/alot else on the c280 and helped a friend change the piston in his ls1. I'm just one of those people if it doesn't have to be done...why do it. My friend is a ford master tech (most of my friends are mechanics, great for me!) and has a e55k he's twin turboing so he helps me with everything. It's not that I can't do the pan, it's more the effort required. Lol. If the HG needs to be changed In the near future I'd do it myself before paying someone. The car cost $2700 not paying someone that to fix it!!' Ill definately be asking you questions when/if I do anything. Your info has been great so far. My mind goes crazy with my weird ideas so always need that... "Nope that's dumb" feedback!
    Last edited by anf6789; 12-19-2012 at 07:06 PM.
    2014 Black Sapphire BMW 328d xDrive
    1997 Brilliant Silver C36 AMG 183k miles (SOLD)
    1994 Spruce Green C280 176k miles (SOLD)
    Drexel Business '11

Yea don't do the oil turbo drain tank and pump idea...

Also dont skip out on monitoring the engine under boost, EGT gauge, boost, oil pressure, wideband air/fuel . That is that step I'm at and I'm looking for a solution to avoid a cluster of gauges everywhere

i was actually trying to figure that out too. i know aem has a wideband, egt iphone app type thing. maybe thats your answer to un clutter the gauges
    2014 Black Sapphire BMW 328d xDrive
    1997 Brilliant Silver C36 AMG 183k miles (SOLD)
    1994 Spruce Green C280 176k miles (SOLD)
    Drexel Business '11

Yes the AEM x-wifi. But after purchasing the kit + the egt sensor it's over $400. But I guess that's still cheaper then running two cheap made in china gauges

Did you buy a piggyback yet?

I may sell my AEM F/ic 6 brand new in the box. Complete with software and instructions. Let me know.