Thread: Spacers and tires question for a newb to Mercedes

Spacers and tires question for a newb to Mercedes

Ok, so I finally picked up my first Merc, and well it needs a lot of work! It came with the 18" AMG Monoblocks and had cut lowering springs with stock everything else SMH! So I have ordered KW Coilovers, Front control arms (upper and lower), Rear control arms, tie rod, sway bar, and have put the car back on the stock wheels for the mean time. The previous owner was running the Monoblocks with NO I repeat NO spacers at all and grinding the hell out of the inside of the wheel on the suspension. He was also running WAY to big of tires, 225/40/18 front and 265/35/18 rear. So to the point, what size spacers and tires should I be ordering while the wheels get refinished? ... Think Flush not Tucked (a lil stretch is ok)

And a little intro of my new daily!

im guessing the offset of the wheels is et44? you just need it to be 35 or less... and 225/40 all around should be fine but maybe 215/40

Yes, 44et front and 46et rear. And thank you that helped a lot, and confirmed what I was thinking! I was thinking ordering 15mm all around with a 215/40 front and 225/40 rear.

If you're wondering about how 15mm all around will look on those wheels, check out my thread:
    http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...hite-1996-C280

I have the same wheels and posted all of my suspension/tire info for reference. The front looks like it just barely pokes and the rear looks like it is just barely tucked. The front could probably have done with 13mm spacers if that is an option to you.

MikeD That was a HUGE help! I think I will run the 13 in the front like you suggest. Since this is going to be my daily I want to avoid wheel rub!