Thread: Concealed CB Radio Setup?

Concealed CB Radio Setup?

Hey,

I have had some interest in getting a CB radio license for fun, and I'm seriously looking into it. However, if I do get into it I don't want to install some horribly obnoxious antenna on my car. I already bought an inexpensive CB radio headunit from Cobra, and it looks relatively easy to install....the only thing I can't figure out is what I am going to use for an antenna.

I honestly don't use the AM/FM radio on my stereo ever. I listen to Spotify for music. I was kinda curious if I could either use the stock antenna and convert it to a CB band or find a CB antenna that is as small and not obnoxious as possible and goes in place of the factory antenna in the factory location.

Has anyone does this on their 202's and done it so it doesn't look out of place?
    96 Black C280 (Black Vixen) - Sold/Retired 10/13

I no longer own a w202 and I kick myself in the head every day for it...

idk if he's a member here but one of the members on mbjunkies and mymb has a "concealed" CB radio and radar detector in his c36

here's his setup

a cb is a radar detector ;D im also looking into doing something like this but I wish to retain my cubby slot (have a cobra ltd classic and ima mount the antenna sideways inside the headliner by the sun shades