Thread: Is it possible to fit a 16" wiper to the back of a C240 estate?

Is it possible to fit a 16" wiper to the back of a C240 estate?

Hi everyone, I'm Les, 19, and I have recently been given a silver S202 by my dad. I really love the car and am planning on doing some restoration work with regards to the bodywork and also making a few subtle styling modifications; one of which is fitting aero wipers front and rear. My question is, as the title says: can 16" wiper blades be installed on the rear window of an S202? It currently has a 15.5" wiper blade on and it looks like it has very little clearance and I'm wondering whether anyone has successfully fitted a 16" wiper on their car? It would just save me having to take a gamble in buying a wiper that would not fit.

Best Regards,

Les.

Welcome

What year? Most auto stores/places will let you take a wiper out to the car and mock test fit it to see if it'll fit...but if 15.5 barly has clearance then you probably should be using a 15inch wiper...there should be 1 inch - 1 1/2 clearance from the edges, when the wiper makes the sweep....you can varify this also at the auto store have them look it up and see what is the correct fit/size

(to give an accurate response a model year is needed...it is possible to fit the 16 inch if you don't mind it wearing out on the end, and possibly having the metal edge scrap the glass)
    Last edited by jc1kz; 07-02-2013 at 10:35 AM.