Hi... new here. I'm a W204 guy, but have always had a love for the 202. I've been hunting for a 1998 C230 (don't want the supercharger, do want the new interior) for a while, and finally found what I think is the one. I want it as a project/winter car.

128K miles. Newer brakes, tires, just had the AC fixed this past spring at the local MB dealer (could see a new drier under hood) - very clean underhood, quiet - drives and shifts well. Very clean inside - not well equipped but that doesn't bother me. A/C is cold, carpets are clean and it just got a new right rear window regulator. Wheels are in okay shape except one which has some gnarly curb rash - from the service records it looks like it got a new tire out of the deal from that one.

Negatives - the hood has a bit of a bend in it. It looks like either someone lightly tapped another car or they tried to close it from all the way up without pushing the release buttons. At any rate, it's minor and I can deal.

The worst part - the car has rust on both rear fenders. It's right at the leading edge of the wheel arch and I would say is 1/2 dollar sized. It's bubbled - not broken through. The undercarriage is clean and rust free, and it makes me wonder if the repairs for the rust wouldn't be that major.

It's carfaxed and checks out. Nothing on record, regularly serviced at the local MB dealer here.

--
I guess the takeaway is this - should I be concerned with the rust - or is it not going to be that expensive to have repaired? The car has obviously seen a few automatic carwashes in its day - so the quality of the paint they would have to match is not that of a new car. I can go after it with an orbital and make it look great later. The car is white over ash MB-Tex.