Thread: Looking to purchase Magnaflow 14833. Need help confirming pipe position

Looking to purchase Magnaflow 14833. Need help confirming pipe position

Hi, I am looking to purchase and install a Magnaflow exhaust (14833). Can you someone please confirm the pipe position, so that it properly fits my 1997 c280? Is it a center inlet? or should it be on the left or right side? also, i live in california. will installing the new muffler inhibit me from passing smog? I don't plan to remove the resonator

I just installed the same muffler on my 98 c230. You should have it come out from the left side of the car. The muffler shop had no issues installing it. I live in Canada and the muffler won't effect my emissions but I don't know the laws in Cali
    1998 Mercedes C230 Elegance
    HID kit - 6000k
    H&R Sport Springs
    Bilstein Shocks and Struts
    Black Vinyled Roof
    Tinted Taillights
    12mm Spacers In Rear
    18 Inch VIP Status Rims (18x8 all around)
    Magnaflow 14833 Muffler
    H&R Front & Rear Sway Bars

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsmoke23 View Post
    Hi, I am looking to purchase and install a Magnaflow exhaust (14833). Can you someone please confirm the pipe position, so that it properly fits my 1997 c280? Is it a center inlet? or should it be on the left or right side? also, i live in california. will installing the new muffler inhibit me from passing smog? I don't plan to remove the resonator
    Don't bother unless you're OK with excessive Drone on the i6 C280.. had it, been there, done that, removed after couple days. THe only way i see it working is if you get some "j-pipe" mod to eliminate the drone noise at low and driving RPM (1500-3k)
    1997 C280 Sport

im about to put 2 on mine here soon actualy but there the ones that flair up so ima cut them so there [| not [\

sorry to answer or help answer

any visual mods is a no-no involving the cats or resonaters I think aslong as your not adjusting the emissions you should be fine
    Last edited by vaspen; 08-29-2013 at 06:30 PM.

I just had the same one installed on my c230k and not happy... To loud on hard acceleration....easy fix---just ordered a C43 muffler

LOL. magnaflow on i6 c280 is quite! or it was to me at least. but then again i put it on after running straight piped for thousands of miles. You guys have never had a straight piped car c280 in person huh? I loved having a magnaflow rear muffler on my c280 it sounded great! No drone with the resonator in at all. Remove the res there is a slight drone but not bad. You wanna talk about bad drone. remove the resonator , muffler, and install a high flow cat. now that is excessive drone! haha
    1996 C280 elegance edition - SOLD 9/21/2013.
    1999 C43 AMG - Bagged, Daily driver.

i have a magna flow muffler on my c230k left the resonator and i tink the drone is not to loud and onhigh way speeds its soothing to me . look on youtube andthere aresome examples of some mufflers on there including mine . look under w202 custom intake and magnaflow exhaust .ihave a few videos , some out side and onein a garage .
    99 C230 KOMPRESSOR SPORT (SOLD)
    98 C43 AMG (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    i have a magna flow muffler on my c230k left the resonator and i tink the drone is not to loud and onhigh way speeds its soothing to me . look on youtube andthere aresome examples of some mufflers on there including mine . look under w202 custom intake and magnaflow exhaust .ihave a few videos , some out side and onein a garage .

+1 what logic said hardly any drone at all, Magnaflow almost sounded stock with resonator in. As for smog you'll be fine. the car will pass smog with no resonator and no muffler at all. I have passed a m104 C280 thru Cali smog twice while straight piped with high flow cats! the smog tech gave me static about it at first but i was able to prove to him that the cats were approved for use in this state and for use with the tmb3.6 engine family that the M104 2.8 falls under.
    1996 C280 elegance edition - SOLD 9/21/2013.
    1999 C43 AMG - Bagged, Daily driver.

yeah i just deleted my resonator and put an electric dumb before my stock muffler... lets just just say brbbbrbrbrbrbbrbrbrbbrrbrbrbrbbrbrbrrrbrr