Thread: Exhausts / Mufflers recommendations ?

Exhausts / Mufflers recommendations ?

I have a 98 C230 NA Just recently installed my H&R lowering springs and ordered my avantgarde grill, OEM Bosch clear corners, LED tail lights and a flat hood badge.

I'm in the market for a good exhaust system to run or a muffler. Budget is $500

If I am only able to get a muffler then I'm also gonna do a resonator delete.
    If I'm unable to find anything... Then I'm just gonna get a resonator and muffler delete.

I've been looking at Magnaflow, Remus, Lorinser, etc... but haven't found anything that I like other than the Eisenmann which is WAY too much for me.

http://www.club202.com/forums/attach...4&d=1381904920

bahahaa borlas :3 too dam loud its straight piped to the muffler sounds racey not ricey

Quote Originally Posted by yaboiraqui View Post
    I have a 98 C230 NA Just recently installed my H&R lowering springs and ordered my avantgarde grill, OEM Bosch clear corners, LED tail lights and a flat hood badge.

I'm in the market for a good exhaust system to run or a muffler. Budget is $500

If I am only able to get a muffler then I'm also gonna do a resonator delete.
    If I'm unable to find anything... Then I'm just gonna get a resonator and muffler delete.

I've been looking at Magnaflow, Remus, Lorinser, etc... but haven't found anything that I like other than the Eisenmann which is WAY too much for me.

OCklasse'sold ride ! heard it in person on numerous occasions I thought it sounded great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BR4HRHr7Pc

1996 C280 elegance edition - SOLD 9/21/2013.
    1999 C43 AMG - Bagged, Daily driver.

I have a magnaflow cat, vibrant bottle resonator, borla pro xs muffler and magnaflow dual tip and I like it. The borla doesn't really have a tone, it just sounds smooth and like motor. I had a thrush without a cat and that made some interesting sounds, nice and deep though even on my 4 banger till about 3 grand then got some rasp. Also did a magnaflow straight through without a cat but they all sound close to the same honestly, the motor has a distinct sound to it, just make sure you like the sound before you put the money in lol

Yep both my borlas rasp at 3 g but I have to put a cat then cherry bom to eliminate the rasp a little btw mine is 230 k

I have 1998 c230 with magnaflow 14833 and I think it sounds great. I`ll try posting a video for you this week.
    1998 Mercedes C230 Elegance
    HID kit - 6000k
    H&R Sport Springs
    Bilstein Shocks and Struts
    Black Vinyled Roof
    Tinted Taillights
    12mm Spacers In Rear
    18 Inch VIP Status Rims (18x8 all around)
    Magnaflow 14833 Muffler
    H&R Front & Rear Sway Bars