Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 326 to 349 of 349

Thread: C43/CLK55 Conversion

  1. #326
    Moderator Pagz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,219
    If it isnt in his thread PM Fabian man .. http://mbworld.org/forums/w210-amg/5...ther-mods.html
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

  2. #327
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    185
    Brilliant, ill check that out



    I remember putting that higher stall Vigilante converter in my 94 Corvette and although the car wasnt much faster from it on paper, it FELT a hell of alot faster!! Was easier to drive in traffic too, it was a 383 with almost nothing until 3,000rpm, with a serious burst of rage from 3,500rpm...

  3. #328
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    2,864
    99% sure.

  4. #329
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    185
    Yeah id really like to do it, i reckon itll make the car alot more exciting to drive

  5. #330
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,884
    Paul! You're still at it! I am getting the W202 bug again after all these years. Do you still have the C23T or did it sell?
    -Chris

  6. #331
    Moderator Pagz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,219
    Hey Chris,Don't the years fly past..Yes still at it I do wonder if I'll ever move on to a newer chassis haha, I do like the W205 a fair amount. I disassembled the C23T and sold everything separately around 4 years ago,Ross(slammedC) installed most of the turbo system his,I have not heard from him in a while and how that is going.. Looking back now I would have preferred to have kept it all although I don't think the 270Nm rated trans would have lasted much longer, I was starting to get odd noises on decal from the prop or gearbox.

    Are you on the look out for a C43/C36?
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

  7. #332
    Moderator Pagz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,219
    double post.
    Last edited by Pagz; 09-23-2016 at 12:32 AM.
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

  8. #333
    Senior Member dokotela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Durban, South Africa
    Posts
    361
    damn...can't believe i have not been on here for this long....wow
    you have really been keeping busy paul. congrats buddy.
    we have lots to discuss with regard to the 201 and 202. check your pm as well.
    and that 250d.....red is the only other elusive colour i would add to my collection.
    i think i am the only one stuck in a time warp...almost going nowhere slowly...lol

    do you have a part number for that tray that replaces the ashtray? would look supercool in my 2000..i just swapped it out with the sport interior too.
    W201's: 87 2.3-16 mosselman turbo, 92 2.5-16, 93 AMG 3.2, 93 1.8
    W202's: 97 c23T, 98 C23K, 98 C230K, 98 3.0T, 2000 AMG
    W203: 02 C32 AMG

  9. #334
    Moderator Sulaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,306
    I'm stuck in a time warp too, still driving my 202. Always will.

  10. #335
    Senior Member dokotela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Durban, South Africa
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulaco View Post
    I'm stuck in a time warp too, still driving my 202. Always will.
    aaah so there is a reason i was brought here...lol
    just cannot get enough of these cars...it's a sickness really
    W201's: 87 2.3-16 mosselman turbo, 92 2.5-16, 93 AMG 3.2, 93 1.8
    W202's: 97 c23T, 98 C23K, 98 C230K, 98 3.0T, 2000 AMG
    W203: 02 C32 AMG

  11. #336
    Moderator Pagz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,219
    Hey Naushad, has is really been that long!!. With that many cars how do you find the time man, you need kids xD

    know that feeling well,I'm always wondering if I will make the big jump to the newer models!,I do fancy the w205 twin turbo somewhat

    if you like to tinker than the 201/202's are great!, but I still prefer working on the 202 over the 201 its much friendlier^^
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

  12. #337
    OG Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,244
    I'm still around, just not on here much. Too much going on and just not enough time. Unfortunately my Turbo 202 project has been parked in my garage for a few years now. Need to get a lot of things sorted out on it.
    Been contemplating finding a C43 and doing the 5.5 swap. But we will see. If I can find a clean one, the Turbo project will be parted out.

    Good to see the 202 community is still strong!
    How is everyone?

  13. #338
    Senior Member dokotela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Durban, South Africa
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagz View Post
    Hey Naushad, has is really been that long!!. With that many cars how do you find the time man, you need kids xD

    know that feeling well,I'm always wondering if I will make the big jump to the newer models!,I do fancy the w205 twin turbo somewhat

    if you like to tinker than the 201/202's are great!, but I still prefer working on the 202 over the 201 its much friendlier^^
    yes paul it has been far too long. the 201 and 202 are great cars from a great era. cannot get enough of them. i will post some pictures shortly. do you have the part number for the tray that replaces the ash tray?
    W201's: 87 2.3-16 mosselman turbo, 92 2.5-16, 93 AMG 3.2, 93 1.8
    W202's: 97 c23T, 98 C23K, 98 C230K, 98 3.0T, 2000 AMG
    W203: 02 C32 AMG

  14. #339
    Senior Member dokotela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Durban, South Africa
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAMMED_C View Post
    I'm still around, just not on here much. Too much going on and just not enough time. Unfortunately my Turbo 202 project has been parked in my garage for a few years now. Need to get a lot of things sorted out on it.
    Been contemplating finding a C43 and doing the 5.5 swap. But we will see. If I can find a clean one, the Turbo project will be parted out.

    Good to see the 202 community is still strong!
    How is everyone?
    ross old buddy old pal. how the hell are you? you have been pickling that car for far too long brother.
    W201's: 87 2.3-16 mosselman turbo, 92 2.5-16, 93 AMG 3.2, 93 1.8
    W202's: 97 c23T, 98 C23K, 98 C230K, 98 3.0T, 2000 AMG
    W203: 02 C32 AMG

  15. #340
    Moderator Pagz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,219
    Hey Ross!! Good thanks man. What's left on the turbo setup to complete?, looking back now there's no way I could redo how much effort went into that setup, life gets busy once kids arrive!!
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

  16. #341
    Moderator Pagz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,219
    Yes please pics Naushad

    00 "Glove compartment" A202 680 06 91 with carpet A202 680 05 68.
    <99 is A202 680 05 91 with carpet A202 680 03 68.

    You'll also want the 12v socket - A210 820 09 51
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

  17. #342
    OG Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,244
    Quote Originally Posted by dokotela View Post
    ross old buddy old pal. how the hell are you? you have been pickling that car for far too long brother.
    I'm doing well Naushad. How are you? Buy any more w202's or w201's?!
    Life is too busy. I have a second kid now so time is of the escence! Not much time for modding cars at the moment. Hopefully in the spring and summer I can get back to the w210 and maybe the w202.
    The Turbo C has definitely been pickled far too long.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not loweredó18" AlphardsóStock exhaust.
    Lots Comingó3 piece 18" AMG Aero IIóCustom BagsóWide FendersóW210 E55 Engine Swap with 4maticó

    *1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

  18. #343
    OG Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagz View Post
    Hey Ross!! Good thanks man. What's left on the turbo setup to complete?, looking back now there's no way I could redo how much effort went into that setup, life gets busy once kids arrive!!
    Paul brother! How's my favorite kiwi?!
    You got kids now?
    Well, I need a different boost controller. The one I have is far too complicated.
    I either need a stand alone or a good tune on my stock Ecu.
    The body on my 202 has seen better days. Too much rust to fix so I'm either looking for a good condition c230k as a donor body, or a c43 and just swap in the 5.5.
    That's all I need to do! Well after that it needs an emission test so I can renew my license sticker and drive it.
    We will see!

  19. #344
    Senior Member dokotela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Durban, South Africa
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAMMED_C View Post
    I'm doing well Naushad. How are you? Buy any more w202's or w201's?!
    Life is too busy. I have a second kid now so time is of the escence! Not much time for modding cars at the moment. Hopefully in the spring and summer I can get back to the w210 and maybe the w202.
    The Turbo C has definitely been pickled far too long.
    I've been keeping as well as can be Ross. Hopefully the turbo 202 will be done very very soon. Then it's onto the 2.5 16 201 with the itb setup. Most parts are in. Then to finish the 201 2.3 16 turbo and finally the 201 amg. Haven't driven my c23k in a while.I know how it is not to drive your car.
    Good luck with your search brother

  20. #345
    Moderator Pagz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,219
    Ross!, Yeah man we have an awsome little gurl now she's 16 months and shouldn't be too far of the second, you don't know just how much free time you have until you they arrive(as you would know by now huh )
    I guess If you need to go as far as a new body maybe C43 is the way forward!!?. if you needed to sell the turbo gear it shouldn't be hard, I've had plenty of people ask where they can get such a setup for the 202 in the past few years!
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

  21. #346
    OG Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,244
    Quote Originally Posted by dokotela View Post
    I've been keeping as well as can be Ross. Hopefully the turbo 202 will be done very very soon. Then it's onto the 2.5 16 201 with the itb setup. Most parts are in. Then to finish the 201 2.3 16 turbo and finally the 201 amg. Haven't driven my c23k in a while.I know how it is not to drive your car.
    Good luck with your search brother
    Good to hear Naushad.
    You are a busy man with so many builds!
    ITB? Wow, nice! What the throttle bodies come off of? Custom intake manifold for everything to fit into?
    Sounds like some amazing projects.
    It sucks I haven't driven my Turbo C in so long, I do miss it. But too many other things to do. It just has to sit on the back burner for now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pagz View Post
    Ross!, Yeah man we have an awsome little gurl now she's 16 months and shouldn't be too far of the second, you don't know just how much free time you have until you they arrive(as you would know by now huh )
    I guess If you need to go as far as a new body maybe C43 is the way forward!!?. if you needed to sell the turbo gear it shouldn't be hard, I've had plenty of people ask where they can get such a setup for the 202 in the past few years!
    Congrats brother! Wifey pregnant already or you working on it? It's amazing how much life changes when you have kids! They are great and all, but sometimes you want a moment of peace!
    Oh and I know all about the lack of free time! It gets better as they get older. Your free time comes back very slowly. But you do get some.
    2 kids are a game changer! My oldest is 4 years, and the new one is a month old now.
    You should wait a bit longer. Let you daughter get a little older so that when you have the second one she can help you guys out! 3-4 years is a good gap between kids.
    I'm still on the fence. A part of me really wants the C43, and a part of me really wants to keep the Turbo. So I'm very torn.
    I hope there is no problem to sell the Turbo set up if it comes to that. I'd want it to go to someone that appreciates the time and effort you put into it and I put into it (more so you!).
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not loweredó18" AlphardsóStock exhaust.
    Lots Comingó3 piece 18" AMG Aero IIóCustom BagsóWide FendersóW210 E55 Engine Swap with 4maticó

    *1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

  22. #347
    Moderator Pagz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,219
    "The only problem I have found with the entire clk55 swap is the rear windows not being recognised by the EIS, I think the only way around this will be to make the CLK55's ECU virgin again ,use the C43's EIS and recode the clk55 ECU with C43 VIN and let them get married... we will see "


    Guys, just wanted to tidy this loose end up. the fix for my rear windows was to install EIS/ECM/ESL from a 00 C43, and then code it to CLK55
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

  23. #348
    Moderator Pagz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by SLAMMED_C View Post
    Good to hear Naushad.
    You are a busy man with so many builds!
    ITB? Wow, nice! What the throttle bodies come off of? Custom intake manifold for everything to fit into?
    Sounds like some amazing projects.
    It sucks I haven't driven my Turbo C in so long, I do miss it. But too many other things to do. It just has to sit on the back burner for now.



    Congrats brother! Wifey pregnant already or you working on it? It's amazing how much life changes when you have kids! They are great and all, but sometimes you want a moment of peace!
    Oh and I know all about the lack of free time! It gets better as they get older. Your free time comes back very slowly. But you do get some.
    2 kids are a game changer! My oldest is 4 years, and the new one is a month old now.
    You should wait a bit longer. Let you daughter get a little older so that when you have the second one she can help you guys out! 3-4 years is a good gap between kids.
    I'm still on the fence. A part of me really wants the C43, and a part of me really wants to keep the Turbo. So I'm very torn.
    I hope there is no problem to sell the Turbo set up if it comes to that. I'd want it to go to someone that appreciates the time and effort you put into it and I put into it (more so you!).
    Not sure how I missed your response Ross!! Fully agree with everything you said haha. We are looking to a second now but your right its a game changer. Hope all is well with yours now,your youngest will be 9 months hope your getting some sleep xD

    I'm ok if you have to sell the turbo gear, just make sure they know how much went into those bits haha. having a family now I think custom days are limited you'd want to jump in a C43 and cruise!!

    take it easy man
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

  24. #349
    Junior Member BlownC43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    16
    wow

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •