Thread: Just one question about wheel fitment.

Just one question about wheel fitment.

I want to install a staggered set of 18" wheels on my 1999 C230 Kompressor, the front wheel size is 18x8.5" Offset 30 ET and the rear wheel size is 18x9.5" Offset 35 ET. Center Bore is 73.1 Will this set bolt on with no problem? Or will I have to do modifications? Thank you.
    Last edited by CJP28; 05-12-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJP28 View Post
    I want to install a staggered set of 18" wheels on my 1999 C230 Kompressor, the front wheel size is 18x8.5" Offset 30 ET and the rear wheel size is 18x9.5" Offset 35 ET. Center Bore is 73.1 Will this set bolt on with no problem? Or will I have to do modifications? Thank you.
    it will bolt on no problem those sizes are perfect fit for W202. However the hub bore is 66.65 so you might need to buy some hub rings so that fitting them and installing them centered on the car is much easier. Also keep in mind the seat of the lugs. if they are ball seat retain factory hardware. if the wheels are aftermarket cone seat you will need to purchase some cone seat lugbolts. I have converted my 202 to studs making it much easier to switch wheels and spacer size as well as go from ball seat to cone seat without searching for the correct length bolts.
    1996 C280 elegance edition - SOLD 9/21/2013.
    1999 C43 AMG - Bagged, Daily driver.

You will be fine with these sizes, btw are these "STR" wheels? I'm a wheel dealer if you're looking to purchase wheels. You will need conical lug bolts and hub rings. Also make sure you check what type of calipers you have because some of the mesh design wheels don't clear 4 piston brakes on newer 99+ w202s.

Quote Originally Posted by SD202 View Post
    it will bolt on no problem those sizes are perfect fit for W202. However the hub bore is 66.65 so you might need to buy some hub rings so that fitting them and installing them centered on the car is much easier. Also keep in mind the seat of the lugs. if they are ball seat retain factory hardware. if the wheels are aftermarket cone seat you will need to purchase some cone seat lugbolts. I have converted my 202 to studs making it much easier to switch wheels and spacer size as well as go from ball seat to cone seat without searching for the correct length bolts.
    Thank you very much for taking your time to answer my question, very kind of you SD202 I highly appreciate it! And wow you did a conversion to studs that's pretty neat & convinient. I'll do research on hub rings and on the required lugs, once again thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by c230 View Post
    You will be fine with these sizes, btw are these "STR" wheels? I'm a wheel dealer if you're looking to purchase wheels. You will need conical lug bolts and hub rings. Also make sure you check what type of calipers you have because some of the mesh design wheels don't clear 4 piston brakes on newer 99+ w202s.
    Awesome, thanks! And yes STR 601 Gunmetal wheels, how did you figure?! Alright, how can you hook me up? And my vehicle isn't equipped with 4 piston brakes.

What kinda of deals do you have ? c230?

Awesome, thanks! And yes STR 601 Gunmetal wheels, how did you figure?! Alright, how can you hook me up? And my vehicle isn't equipped with 4 piston brakes.
    I just know, Lol , google fmwheels or go on Instagram @fm_wheels just mention your from club202 and ill give you better pricing than eBay or any other website. You'll also see my daily driver project on there...