Thread: What OBD android apps work on the w202

What OBD android apps work on the w202

I downloaded the free version of Torque and doesnt seem to be working. Its giving incorrect information e.g the revs dont correspond with what rev counter says. Mileage/fuel range given as 150 miles when I know there is less than quarter tank

What android apps do you know to actually work on U.K spec cars

I use the paid version of Torque and it works flawlessly. The only thing that would stop it is your bluetooth adapter not syncing with your phone right. I use ELM 327 (I think?) bluetooth adapter. Once paired with android I launch the app, wait a few seconds, and boom. It's absolutely breathtaking what that app can do!! I used it in my 1994 C280 as well as my 1999 C43. You can save thousands of dollars with this app and google.
    94 C280, 250k miles, 1999-2011 (gone, never forgotten)
    CURRENT:
    744 Silver 99 C43 AMG, 260k miles, 2011-
    040 Black 98 C43 AMG, 190k miles, 2013-

Forgot to mention:

You may have things set wrong. Pretty much don't even think about using it to measure many functions that modern cars measure. Our cars simply don't have anything that tells the ECU about fuel level, actual fuel consumption, etc. Many of those things are loosely "guessed" by the app whenever it detects you don't have the sensors data for it to read it directly. The MPG calculator tells me my C43 gets 37 mpg. Clearly not right, but it's not the app's fault. Older ME2.0 cars simply don't monitor the right data for the ECU and app to be able to see the actual fuel consumption.

But as for all the actual values that our cars monitor, Torque is spot on. If it's not counting revs accurately, you might need to go into settings and change things. Also, there's a definite delay. If you hold the the throttle still for a while it will catch up, but if you're blipping the throttle up and down it will be delayed and never read right.
    CURRENT:

Quote Originally Posted by Sulaco View Post
    Forgot to mention:

You may have things set wrong. Pretty much don't even think about using it to measure many functions that modern cars measure. Our cars simply don't have anything that tells the ECU about fuel level, actual fuel consumption, etc. Many of those things are loosely "guessed" by the app whenever it detects you don't have the sensors data for it to read it directly. The MPG calculator tells me my C43 gets 37 mpg. Clearly not right, but it's not the app's fault. Older ME2.0 cars simply don't monitor the right data for the ECU and app to be able to see the actual fuel consumption.

But as for all the actual values that our cars monitor, Torque is spot on. If it's not counting revs accurately, you might need to go into settings and change things. Also, there's a definite delay. If you hold the the throttle still for a while it will catch up, but if you're blipping the throttle up and down it will be delayed and never read right.
    Thanks. So what sort of info are you getting from Torque?

Now got paid version of torque

how good is it reading/picking up codes

real good. I bought it best $5 investment on my cars

Even with with pro/paid version I cant het it to work on my w202. The temp gauge reads 200 plus, rebs read 168 when my rev counter shows 5000 at idle etc

Quote Originally Posted by Darkchild101 View Post
    Even with with pro/paid version I cant het it to work on my w202. The temp gauge reads 200 plus, rebs read 168 when my rev counter shows 5000 at idle etc
    that is very odd indeed. it works flawlessly on all my OBD cars. it must either be a UK spec difference or perhaps your car has an unknown fault.

what year? maybe it is a pre-update issue?
    CURRENT:

Try to see if you need to update the program AND that you are using Elm327 obd2 . That little peice of hardware is 24 american dollars on amazon. Could be the type of obd2 bluetooth device your are using

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_AMG View Post
    Try to see if you need to update the program AND that you are using Elm327 obd2 . That little peice of hardware is 24 american dollars on amazon. Could be the type of obd2 bluetooth device your are using
    Thats what I am suspecting too that it migt be my OBD adapter

My torque app doesn't seem to recognise the adapter anymore. Think there maybe a problem with the app otself

I use the paid Torque and it works great. The only issues that I have had have been from the adapter itself. Sometimes it won't sync, so I have to remove it, reconnect, and re-pair it. But the app itself has never had an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Twichel04 View Post
    I use the paid Torque and it works great. The only issues that I have had have been from the adapter itself. Sometimes it won't sync, so I have to remove it, reconnect, and re-pair it. But the app itself has never had an issue.
    I have the paid app aswell. Haven't tried it in a while though.

Make sure you guys are setting up a profile for your car. If you don't have a profile set up, you might run into issues getting it to connect. Once you save the profile, it should be fine.