Thread: secondary cat delete

secondary cat delete

Ok so i currently am running no muffler replaced with straight pipe and for the resonator i have a magnaflow glasspack. I was wondering what would happen if i straight piped the secondary cats. Also what if i put an xpipe in place of the secondary cats. How would it sound and what type of gains/loses will i encounter. BTW its a 1999 c280

Only way to tell is try it we ran a exhaust shop n it's always trial and error worst that could happen is loud and raspy but u have a glaspack so worst is loud lol

you have instagram? I have a vid of how it sounds, look on my page illest_optics,,,scroll down a bit...but sounds good not too loud, i ran 3inch straight back, replaced resonator and cats
    A man who knows how to, will always have a job, a man who knows why will be the boss....

Ohhh yeahh. I took off the cats and now im finally straight piped. No secondary cats, magnaflow glasspack resonator (somewhat like a straight pipe) and no muffler. Sounds like a beast.

Post a video of how it sounds
    1999 Silver C43 AMG
    Current Mods:
    Flathood Emblem * Avantgarde Grill * MB Sport Pedals * 18" AMG Monoblock Aero II * JVC KD-AVX77 * 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 Subs * Rockford Fosgate Punch 550.2 * Custom Exhaust * H&R Springs * Clear Corners * Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior * Debadged

Soon to come:
    ECU Tune
    Mabuhay!

so you removed all the cats? sounds like a beast

Thanks. And no, I straight piped the secondary cats. The primary cats are still on. Also changed the resonator and straight piped the rear muffler.