Thread: srs bas esp abs lights are all on 1999 c43

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm puzzled why on earth you would trade that nice factory wheel for something else?

Quote Originally Posted by RemoLexi View Post
    I'm puzzled why on earth you would trade that nice factory wheel for something else?
    my steering wheel is supposed to be the two tone blue and black steering wheel. the entire top is dry rotted and crumbles in my hand when I would make turns. the left side of the wheel has gotten so bad that the leather is peeling away from the frame. I would really like an oem wood wheel eventually or have my current wheel restored with the factory blue leather on top. Finding a OEM wood wheel to fit the AMG air bag is next to impossible. The one i did find however is $799.... So I went with an aftermarket Mahogany wheel from grip royal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3182.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	2240

Name:	IMG_3264.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	2239

disregard the headliner i was in the process of putting it back in the car after repairing it.
    This will be my temporary setup until i can source a decent used OEM wood wheel that will fit my airbag, OR am able to have this wheel repaired. I didnt know of any reputable upholsters in the SD area that could do the job and havent looked into shipping it somewhere.

Name:	IMG_3281[1].jpg 
Views:	1786 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	2241
    1996 C280 elegance edition - SOLD 9/21/2013.
    1999 C43 AMG - Bagged, Daily driver.