Thread: Clutch Fan Delete/ Add Electric fan Controller

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    After studying throught he diagrams Trent (Dearlove) posted for me, I found what appears to be the exact match of wires I am looking for off the VSS listed here in the Painless F5 controller wiring diagram. This shows the VSS signal giving off a "high" signal and a "Low" reference.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VSS High-Low signals F5 wiring diagram.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	2340

Now here is the "Computer Data Line" folder from the car schematics link Dearlove listed. It shows two wires coming out of the ABS module that go directly to the speedometer gauge, AND they are listed H (I assume for high), and L (I assume for Low). I will try and tap into the High wire like the wiring diagram asks for.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High-low VSS signals.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	2341

1994 abs control module. I need to look for the Green/white wire coming off of this unit under the passenger side seat- this where I will try to tie into the VSS signal reference wire.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqF,!ocE9eGelY)JBPZ),)239w~~60_58.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	2342

Or- maybe I should just quickly pop out the gauges and check the wires going into the back of the speedo. These would be easier for me to access since the Green/White wire is suppose to go to the speedo cluster. I think Ill try that first to see the wire color combos in those looms first that clip intot he back of the gauge cluster.