Thread: need biger alternator ..

Cool need biger alternator ..

what alternators fit the c230 I presume mine is a 90 amp and well ... its not cutting my 4000watt lanzar amp ... I have a really bad dim lol
    always been like that when I installed it but I never really use my bump bump ..

I have read that the alternators came in 90 amp 110 amp and 150 amp from the models varying 230 up to the 550 my question is
    do they use the same housing, pully size , wire conectors, and bolt location
    looking to upgrade the alternator but auto part stores pictures are never accurate

Quote Originally Posted by vaspen View Post
    what alternators fit the c230 I presume mine is a 90 amp and well ... its not cutting my 4000watt lanzar amp ... I have a really bad dim lol
    always been like that when I installed it but I never really use my bump bump ..

I have read that the alternators came in 90 amp 110 amp and 150 amp from the models varying 230 up to the 550 my question is
    do they use the same housing, pully size , wire conectors, and bolt location
    looking to upgrade the alternator but auto part stores pictures are never accurate
    They all the same bolt patterns and connections as well.

so I contacted bosh about this and there "recommendation" was to leave it alone ..
    any help on a 150 amp for a 230 00

Quote Originally Posted by vaspen View Post
    so I contacted bosh about this and there "recommendation" was to leave it alone ..
    any help on a 150 amp for a 230 00
    What Abbaso says is correct. You can get a new or remanufactured C43 alternator (Bosch AL0766X), and it will bolt right up to your car. You will have to re-use the pulley from your C230 (direct fit).

You should also measure the gauge of wire that runs from the back of the alternator to your battery. You will need 0 gauge copper-core wire to run this alternator near full output. Of course, where there is a change to higher output, you should also install a higher output alternator fuse. This will be either inline with the battery-alternator wire or in one of the fuse boxes. I'd guess it's in the wire since my car doesn't have any fuses that large in the fuse boxes.

Since this is for car audio, look up "the big three" if you already haven't.

It's not completely for audio just a banging system lol and what's the output of the43
    Alternator.
    Also how is the wire ran back through the car with the battery in the back

The C43 had a 150A alternator. This video tells you exactly how the wire runs through the car:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXz2dwSCvDM