Thread: W202 C230K engine Transplant -- Management system info

W202 C230K engine Transplant -- Management system info

I am planning to drop a C230K w202 engine and manual gearbox into my W124 chassis which was also manual... from what i gathered ( pls correct me if i am incorrect) the engine and gearbox should fit in fairly standard as it did come with that engine towards its end of life....

My future plans was to turbo charge the engine as it a weekend toy not a daily drive. I have a complete w202 donor car.. so my question is or advice i need which would be the best route to go.

(1) Transplant the M111 engine and supercharger and also take across the wiring loom and ECU and wire it up in the W124... here my concern is the wiring loom to remove and refit in the w124 plus the M111 engines sensors and stuff to change could be a pain in the neck

(2) TRansplant the engine... and get an aftermarket Managemetn system and hook it up to that and get it tuned : here my concern is Mercedes systems and sensors and there design i not sure if it going to be possible to tap of all the necessary sensors or what is held in store here ...

Im leaning towards the first option at present because of time.. thinking if all works well can have it running as i have all the parts ... but also with this option it means dashboard modifications for key and dash board etc.. which i have already so no biggie..

Any help or technical wiring diagrams will be greatly appreciated..

Hi,

Transfering the engine with the S/C and ECU is fairly complex.
    If I were you I'd swap the engine without the S/C, turbocharge it and go for an aftermarket management system.

Quote Originally Posted by KrumB View Post
    Hi,

Transfering the engine with the S/C and ECU is fairly complex.
    If I were you I'd swap the engine without the S/C, turbocharge it and go for an aftermarket management system.
    Thanks for that Krum much appreciated... I think im leaning towards that too .... cause with my current prefacelift i having issues where it just seems to fade away at high rev or WOT and there so many sensors etc to check replace and still no progress.. so best to get rid of all that and go aftermarket ECU...

Keep us posted how it goes.

I would go with megasquirt for an ecu. I have 97 3.2 m104 in my 190e with a 5 speed gearbox using MS2 3.57
    1986 201.034 5-speed, Evo II wheels
    1986 201.024-w/ 3.2 M104 engine, 5-speed Conversion