Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quaife LSD has been ordered and installed!

which LSD is the better one of the two brands?
    quaife or wavetrack?

which one gives the best performance of the two?

In Charge
    Going to pick up car.....
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

In Charge
    Got car..... W O W.

Light rain outside right now. Took a left at 40mph and gunned it. Heard a little skid and I took off around the bend. No ESP light flashing! Took another left and did the same thing, slight flashing of the ESP maybe half a second. Took off again. Lastly, I did a dead stop to 60mph. No slipping or flashing at all. Took off like it was dry out. The LSD definitely makes a difference.

To answer some questions: they had to grind down a bit of the housing to fit the LSD properly. There was alot of space, so structure is not comprimsed.

No real maintenance, just do diff fluid change every so often. Lifetime warranty.

One hiccup was that my bearings needed to be replaced and labor took longer than expected. So my budget was off by a bit. No biggie, I would rather have it done correctly than have it hacked into place.

Big thanks to Rich (logistics) and Jesse (install) at Eurosport Park Ave (http://www.rentonautorepair.us/), in Renton WA. Did a great job.

Also thanks to Kevin at Birds Auto (http://www.birdsauto.com/) in the UK. He is the sole provider of this LSD and has been more than helpful in answering my questions.

More pictures to come. EPA was able to take them along the way for me.

See you in the left lane.

Now all you need is a 5.4!

In Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by RemoLexi View Post
    Now all you need is a 5.4!
    Yup. Need more power now. Maybe forced induction…

How much were you able to get the dif for?

Den- did you ever hear about the guy on myMBonline years back that turbo'd his C43? Max Hughes did the work I remember. But then everything on myMBonline died away.

In Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by predrag1 View Post
    How much were you able to get the dif for?
    2000 w/o install.

In Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by RemoLexi View Post
    Den- did you ever hear about the guy on myMBonline years back that turbo'd his C43? Max Hughes did the work I remember. But then everything on myMBonline died away.
    Vaguely remember. I'm sure I could find out information though.

I have seriously considered turbo. There is a turbo shop down the street from my home. Maybe I will swing in one day.

It was a rear mount, replaced the muffler box. He used an electric oil pump to run oil supply, and being that the turbo is soo far back, he didn't need an intercooler at all. I think it spooled well too (being soo far back and all)

Or even better....have you heard of "silence"? He had a supercharged c43 and he blew his motor.

For 2k plus labor that you paid for this, you could have had a 5.4 thrown in...

Either way, its a nice mod that id want to do at some point
    Last edited by predrag1; 03-12-2015 at 08:42 AM.

In Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by predrag1 View Post
    Or even better....have you heard of "silence"? He had a supercharged c43 and he blew his motor.

For 2k plus labor that you paid for this, you could have had a 5.4 thrown in...

Either way, its a nice mod that id want to do at some point
    That is one of my hesitations. Seems like there are issues and not many people can figure them out without killing the motor. I will likely start at 55 swap.

Pricing is all relative. I hope to get a good engine, but replace all the crap parts and do all the performance (custom headers, etc etc). That ends up costing more, but I would rather have it done right then scratching my head later trying to figure out what went wrong (like all the others with problems).

Having the LSD is nice. Grips well and can easily handle any power upgrades. It is actually pretty inexpensive if you can get the power to the ground more efficiently. I'm still playing around with it and getting used to how it kicks in. After many years of not having one, it is like getting used to a different car.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci