Thread: What's the max width spacers can be fitted to the rear wheels?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by c230 View Post
    I run 9.5s on the front and it made a big difference in handling, I have 21mm spacers and 9mm spacers on the front.
    Can you please post side and front fender views of this so others can reference you claim as viable or not? Reason I ask is you can put 12" wheels on the car and it will fit, but will stick way out past the fenderwells and rub at full lock.

Thank you.

Ps- in my case, I know for a fact that 9.5s would not fit on the front of my lowered 94.
    Last edited by Vetruck; 03-16-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by c230 View Post
    Nope, 12" wheels dont fit. Im lowered on cut H&Rs with 1 bump pads. You need the correct offset, too high and it hits the shock, too low and it sticks out too much. I do U turns all the time, all I had to do was trim the liner and a few other mods. It CAN be done, just because you couldn't do it doesnt mean it's impossible. I have three of these cars, I've done 18x10.5s on the rear and it's not a problem with some work.
    I want to thank you for posting pictures. Everyone here has there own opinions as to what "looks good" and what "Does not look good".- This post is not about that. What this post is about is whether or not a 9.5" rim will PROPERLY fit on the front end of a W202 so as to inform anyone in the future who may read this as to a purchase choice based on facts.

The idea that you were able to fit them onto the car is a mute point, The fact is they DO stick well past the fender lip and with adequate wheel travel they will in fact hit the fenders it the proper sized tire were installed on those wheels- Not a stretched undersized tire. You like somewhat the stance look. That is fine. This post and thee pictures are VERY HELPFUL to someone looking to do the same. HOWEVER- as for someone wanting a wheel that fits the fender with a proper tire size and proper geometry, you photo proves that a 9.5 wheel does NOT "properly fit" the front of a 202 for 1) proper geometry of suspension for good tire wear, 2) proper suspension travel without rubbing, and 3) it does not vertically tuck inside the fender lip (yet, in fact the rim lip sticks out quite a bit further then he body and is clearly visible when your picture is zoom upon).

This post is not intended to embarrass anyone, my intention is to stick with facts so people do not make a purchase and later find out your claim not to be true and they wasted their money on a wheel that is not proper.

Thank you. Dean

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uufK3OM (2).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	2524
    Last edited by Vetruck; 03-17-2015 at 10:47 PM.