Thread: What is included in a B Service?

What is included in a B Service?

I'm due for a B service soon and was wondering what is done to the car as far as servicing goes in the dealership "B Service" category. I'm dreading to bring in my car to the dealership and hoping that I can cut some costs by doing somethings myself. Thanks!

Usually $1500 out of your wallet is included

Brake test, parking brake check, check teleaid, horn all exterior lights, and interior lights, windshield wiper, washer system, head lamp washers, check seatbelts for damage and function, FSS counter reset, dust filter, check battery, remove and install wheels, rotate if necessary, check pads and discs for wear, check tires for damage and condition, measure tread depth, proper pressure, search for leakage under the car, chafe marks, line routing, components, check condition of front axle ball joints and rubber boots, condition of steering mechanical components and rubber boots, oil and filter change, check and correct fluids: coolant/antifreeze/corrosion protection, level control, ADS, brake system, power steering, ABC, washer fluid. check poly v belt, lube thottle linkage, check, replace HVAC dust filter; lube catch safety catch and hinges on hood, check hood for proper operation, replace components with even the slightest malfunction, check headlamp aim, condition of headlamp wiper blades, inspect rear wiper blade.

Lots of this stuff is model/feature specific, so it may not apply to you. But, that's what my book says.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

OG Moderator
    I think its in your w202 manual, it has like a check list of wht has to be done. I'd say that half of the stuff is just checking and topping off, most of what can be done at home. As for the other stuff just take it to a good indy shop and have them do the other stuff. Topline maybe since you're in the bay area, right?
    Got BRABUS?

Thanks for the replies renn208 and 714guy. 714guy, I'm in socal still, do you know of any good reputable indy shop around here?

what renn said, anybody can do, you dont need to take it to service...unless it needs repairs

Elvir
    Baaa

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by LFEC230k
    Thanks for the replies renn208 and 714guy. 714guy, I'm in socal still, do you know of any good reputable indy shop around here?
    There is a good place near my house, it's called Hi-line. I always go there when i can't figure out whats wrong with my car. There really honest and let you watch them service your car and you can ask them all the question you want. There pricing is alright too.

Here is the number 714.771.0176. its off Chapman on the 55 fwy. Should give them a call.
    Got BRABUS?

Originally posted by C280 JR
    what renn said, anybody can do, you dont need to take it to service...unless it needs repairs

Elvir
    :werd:
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody