Thread: Possible trans upgrade

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here the parts I have to work with. Should be here in a few days. Coming from Denmark to USA Calif. It is very hard to source any swap parts here in the US unless you completely piece everything together. These fortunately like stated are off a crashed W203 with only 78K. It is a 716.633 trans/ shifter/ flywheel/clutch/slave/ throwout bearing/crossmember
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L360573A.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	3080

Pedal assembly is out of a Crossfire from here in the states. Already has aluminum pedals that somewhat match my current auto pedal set.These pedal assemblies retrofit into several cars W202, W208, W210, W211, S202, and of course the mentioned the Chrysler crossfire. Comes with master cylinder

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	3081

my current pedal assembly:

Name:	SAM_1134.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	3082

I will also note that luck was on my side. They shipped the parts to me without any extra shipping cost (saved me 200 GBP- the shipping was included to the European Union countries but they sent it to me tin the US without any extra charge. Plus, that next morning was the pullout of GB from the EU and the GBP to USD dropped from 1:48:1 to 1.32:1. Getting everything to my doorstep including the pedals from Florida USA for under $1300. Just a replacement rebuilt 722.4 would cost me $2000. I still have $700(apples to apples) to work with- need to get a clutch reservoir, and have TMR make me a braided line from slave to MC+ fittings- and quite possibly a new clutch based on how this one looks when I get it. Driveshaft fitment will have to wait and see, but probably at most $100-150 for some alterations to my current unit.
    Last edited by Vetruck; 06-27-2016 at 06:56 PM.