Thanks Remo. it was late last night and I was extremely tired - I rechecked the page that I thought had the c36 reference and it is wrong. it is merely a link to other parts and not a vehicle list of what that rearend went into.

Reason why I am interested I that EBAY link to the 300SL 3.69 diff is it is suppose to be LSD. I would of course verify that before any purchase- but if it is I think the extra $400-$500 would be greatly worth the cost for the LSD if in fact it is one. The custom fit part is not an issue. I would buy a spare rear suspension subframe and mock up the diff into it, then simply do a bolt on sway of suspension parts when ready for the entire swap. I am one that does not mind buying spare parts to fabricate and have finished so the car is not down for weeks or months waiting on the unexpected fitment problems.

As for the shifter, I can make my own console piece. Already did that for the current one since the car had damage here from a coffee spill prior to my purchasing the car. If you recall I did a chrome layover console and the plate underneath with the door switches is one I customized.

Concerning your comment about the torn flex couple- Was it a situation where you welded it in the wrong angle and then later had to correct it after it tore? I am an expert in suspension and drivetrain geometry- and troubleshooting/avoiding such issues. The biggest issue I would be concerned with is if the R129 does not fit the W202 subframe then "are the W202 diff and the R129 diff different lengths"? What I mean by that is did you have to place the R129 diff more rearward in the subframe in order to get the driveshaft to couple in correct length? If so then that would place the stub axle flanges more rearward in reference to the wheels and change those axle angles as well (this would not be good) Hopefully you can confirm of both diffs are the same dimensions front imput and side outputs, and only the case size and mounts are different (I HOPE)?