^^^Like I give a shit what you think.

Fucking idiot can't post to the topic.

A-n-y-w-a-y-s.....to the topic-
I have been research all kinds of variations to transmission swaps. I have found numerous adapter plate applications for jeeps to chevy trans, V8 MB adapters to bmw trans,, OM60X series diesels to ford trans,,etc,,,etc. Even taking bellhousing swaps to other retrofits. Problems arise with clutch assemblies, shifter linkages, clocking of the trans positions, etc...all the typical stuff you see with any frankenstien type modifications.

So after all this, as well as hunting for the elusive 717.404 C36 5 speed all through European EBAY etc to no avail (this I will keep trying until I am seriously ready to have to commit and bit the bullet) it looks like right now my decision is to find a clutch pedal/reservoir assembly first and drop my motor and put it on an engine stand for a rebuild top freshen up gaskets, the head, etc. No luck on aftermarket cams from Catcams. They are no longer doing the M111 cams after numerous emails with the secretary trying to gather info.

My outlook is to try and convert a BMW E46 M3 5sp manual trans into this car. I have some messages to a few companies getting more intell on specs and priciung for componants. Shifter looks like I can fabricate something fairly easy to work. I am looking into an adapter option wioth a company, but if that does not pan out (which I do not expect it to) then I will resort to purchasing a BMW box and do some experimental (sacrificial) work to if cutting and welding the current auto box flange I have to the BMW box. This will take several cuts and tack welds in short increments to fit the end play and get the alignment correct, but I think this will be a very fun project since I am a very proficient fabricator/welder. What I can;t do I have a professional welder buddy that can with a 3 phase liquid cooled TIG that can.

BMW boxes like I listed are a dime a dozen at around $500 on ebay. A very cheap price for trying such an experiment to see if I can get one to fit.

Dean

Would like to hear from anyone that has heard or seen a BMW box used in a W202?