Thread: 1999 C280 on 18inch Monoblocks (18x8 and 18x9). Need suspension suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FWIW- Suspension wise I can hammer this car anywhere and everywhere I go. I do not worry about the fenders grounding out or tires rubbing at full lock. It drives like you would expect a brand new car to drive and not rub or contact anything or break anything or clank noises over any bumps or dips etc. I would dare to say there is not another car lowered as much as mine that can say that. Many are lowered more than mine from what I see and have to be careful everywhere and drive slow over bad roads.

The only thing I have to watch is my low lip on my Brabus front bumper. It will scrape on steeper driveways unless I enter with a little caution at an angle to reduce contact. It has hit a few times at first until she got used to taking steeper driveways at an angle. I look at it when I wash the car for her and she has hardly hit the underneath of that lip with very few little scrape marks- That is to be expected with bumper airdam this low and wide.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	2584

Name:	A3.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	2586

ps- I had put up pictures of this car on facebook showing friends when i first finished it. Everyone that then saw it in person later says those picctures do not do this car justice. It looks much lower and wider in person. For some reason that camera does not show it properly- Im not talking kids, I talking racing peers of mine in their 30's 40's 50's and 60's. Im known for my street cars at the local professional tracks.

Meet Vetruck (My "Corvette truck") that I drive somewhat daily and use to haul building material around. It will carry 4000lbs in the bed and has beat every Corvette I've raced against at the local autox tracks when they and I are both on street tires- Yes this truck handles big time.I build the entire front suspension geometry from scratch (I cut off the old suspension mounts and started fresh). Even has a full cage. When I build things, I build them correctly- hence the reason I am using this also for an example. My suggestions are like OEM or better, never worse.

Name:	Vetruck IL.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	2587
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heavy Chevy Hauler.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	2588   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dean10.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	2590  
    Last edited by Vetruck; 04-08-2015 at 08:34 AM.