Thread: 2000 c280 drivers side miror replacement

2000 c280 drivers side miror replacement

So my mirror broke and I need to replace everything besides the housing (cover). I don't want to go to the stealership to have them replace it. I noticed there are two connections on the mirror that plug in, one to move the mirror and one to heat the mirror. Are every w202 like that or only on some models that had the option for heated mirrors?
    -Thanks
    I have 2000 c280 if that matters.

P.S
    idk if anyone knows but do the e classes from the same era have the same mirror assembly? I might go to a junk yard and look soon. But thought I would ask.
    Last edited by Adamof94; 04-08-2015 at 09:26 PM.

My C230 didn't have 2 connections. It was an option.
    Re: W210 mirrors fitting W202, yes it will fit and is a cool upgrade.

Note: I don't have a C230 anymore. I have a W210 E55.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamof94 View Post
    So my mirror broke and I need to replace everything besides the housing (cover). I don't want to go to the stealership to have them replace it. I noticed there are two connections on the mirror that plug in, one to move the mirror and one to heat the mirror. Are every w202 like that or only on some models that had the option for heated mirrors?
    -Thanks
    I have 2000 c280 if that matters.

P.S
    idk if anyone knows but do the e classes from the same era have the same mirror assembly? I might go to a junk yard and look soon. But thought I would ask.

Quote Originally Posted by hvmercy View Post
    My C230 didn't have 2 connections. It was an option.
    Re: W210 mirrors fitting W202, yes it will fit and is a cool upgrade.

Note: I don't have a C230 anymore. I have a W210 E55.
    Thanks! I love e55s just not the newer ones when they started to put a turbo in it. What year is your e55? How is it an upgrade? Is the mirror better than the c classes? Or because the housing has a blinker?
    Last edited by Adamof94; 04-09-2015 at 07:13 AM.

In Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamof94 View Post
    Thanks! I love e55s just not the newer ones when they started to put a turbo in it. What year is your e55? How is it an upgrade? Is the mirror better than the c classes? Or because the housing has a blinker?
    Blinkers, or if you can get them, folding as well. Lastly, there are different types of mirrors in Europe compared to US. Nokia did a write up in the Stories Forum. You can get some information there, but links to the pictures were/are lost.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

I'm just going to get the c class mirror and put the housing on the it and put it on my car. Maybe some day ill upgrade to the folding mirrors! That would be pretty cool. Would they fold in when I lock the car?

skipped reading everything but I literaly just replaced my motor and glass I have that 280$ mirror heated and dimmed crap 70$ at a junk yard
    I found if you pull the metal silver tab forward (if you push the mirror housing forward there will be the bracktry and a u looking tab locked down cant miss it makes anything mirror related easier )and release its 2 tabs from the housing the housing will literally slide off revealing the mirror motors wires screws to properly change it

Head to the junk yard and pull one for yourself. I did it recently since the car wash broke my mirror off..

not going to lie, it was easy to replace the mirror but the housing is a BITCH to get back on.

got a mirror and put it on before i put the housing on, and i cant seem to get the housing to fully latch on with the metal tabs. It comes off from time to time but not by much. A little annoying but better than having a broken mirror.

I had to use a pick and a a lot of force but just push until you hear them latch or push and use the pick to caress them into position