Thread: Disable DRL

Disable DRL

I have a 1995 C280 canadian model. By law I'm required to have DRL (daytime running lights), but when the car is running not only my low beams are on, but also the front side markers, tail lights and licence plate lights are on. I think it's a waste.
    I'd like to have just the low beam on, and the rest to come on only thru the lights selector switch.
    Has anyone found a solution?
    1995 C280 charcoal metallic

From what I understood, you just need the low beams on whenever the motor is running?

correct. But in my case I have low beam and taillights and license plate lights on as I turn the engine on

theres no really DRL feature (that i know of) on a 95... you can probably install some LEDs thats on when you have your car running...

well , in canada (as I found in someone's post) there's a relay installed under the dash on left hand side. I think it overrides the headlights switch, so when I start the car the side markers, tail lights and licence plate lights come on, and when put the car in gear the low beam comes on (all this is happening without touchimng the switch). I got the electrical schematic for this car, so I'll try and trace the signals.
    It doesn't really bothers me, I might try to find a solution later, for now need to deal with rear diff oil leak and an oil leak around the tranny area.
    1995 C280 charcoal metallic