Thread: JIC Cross exhaust

JIC Cross exhaust

Anyone have one of these or heard one? Wondering how they sound. I am not looking for a drone or fart can sound. Want it quiet and classy but realize this exhaust will wake up the noise at least a little bit over the OEM one. Any imput? I have one my eye on one that has been for sale here locally for a while now. (Brand new)

It is a full Cat-back JIC Cross exhaust system
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqVHJF!E+(636eh1BP3h3t8khg~~60_35.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	2610
    Last edited by Vetruck; 04-19-2015 at 05:56 PM.

Im Gonna pull the trigger on this and grab it. Found a video on utube showing a BMW with OEM then JIC cross and has a good tone still (No fart can sound) I want to put headers on this car. The cost of this full stainless steel setup is far cheaper than if I bought everything separate and fabbed it myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkSDXCtLeJ8

In Charge
    Sweet. Post a vid once you are all set up.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

ill be looking forward to that video as well, dont forget

I don't think he ever bit the bullet, since the same ad is still up. JIC is out of Japan, and the Cross exhaust has a nice tone and decent flow over stock. I'm going to end up picking this exhaust up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan96 View Post
    I don't think he ever bit the bullet, since the same ad is still up. JIC is out of Japan, and the Cross exhaust has a nice tone and decent flow over stock. I'm going to end up picking this exhaust up.
    I bought that for 2 months ago. The guy had two of them.

I am messing with some Ferrari F430 headers right now seeing if I can get a flange to make these work on my M111 4 cylinder. I will cut the right side unit just before the merge and fab downward from there with a little longer primaries. Then I will use some of the bends from the left side to get it to route where i need it to go. Once tacked in place I will have a friend TIG it real nice for me since he is great in stainless fabbings. I need a flange, trying to get ahold of Remo to see if he still has that one of if he sold it to someone here that is not using it? No word yet. Otherwise I will probably buy a cheap set off ebay and cut the flange off for my own use.

Name:	KIMG0277.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	2719

The flange spacing is very close. You can see the difference in gaskets is very small. The F430 headers are slightly wider spacing and no as much oval ports/ I can simply clamp each tube bending them into oval ports and then clamp the two center pair together and weld, then repeat with the two outer ones each at a time.

Name:	KIMG0276.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	2720

Quote Originally Posted by Vetruck View Post
    I bought that for 2 months ago. The guy had two of them.
    I just went out and took a picture of my Cross exhaust. The one i bought from him is still bubble wrapped. he opened the other one for the picture. I just pulled the factory bubble wrap off to take this picture. The I-pipe is still tightly wrapped and is polished like chrome. Mine does NOT have the slots in the pipe up front where it slip fits- the one in the ad does. The guy is from Japan and has some outrageous cars in his private location warehouse. We are talking a collection in the millions including a full tilt GT2 racecar as well as others of the same caliber. I have a feeling he is sitting on many of these exhausts. He is the owner of the once JIC Cross in Japan- which is now JIC Magic here in the US

Name:	download_20150819_204632.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	2721
    Last edited by Vetruck; 08-19-2015 at 08:28 PM.

how much was it to buy????

He is asking $500

Yeah, I'm going to be picking up that other one he is trying to sell. I know it fits the C280, and I know it has a nice tone, so definitely want to run it.

Apparently from what I am finding in research- my 94 c220 exhaust manifold is different from the 95-96? Anyone confirm of deny this? It looks like mine has a 5th port- something like a lager EGR port on the rear of the engine. I am getting two different part #'s.

1994 Exhaust manifold part # is:1111401009
    95/96 Exhaust manifold part # is:1111402609

What the hell is this fifth port, must be EGR related? Sucks I can't do these custom headers unless I block it or find a custom flange.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_57.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	2722

In light of the header info, I went ahead and installed the cat-back setup today. Fit very close, I had to alter the rear hangers to tuck up into the Brabus bumper cutout tighter and to the left(minor cut and welding fab work.) The front pipe length is perfect- I just cut the old doughnut flange off the OEM and welded it to the JIC setup. Was done in about 2 hours.

Name:	1440350049963.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	2732

Name:	KIMG0284.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	2733

Sound wise on scale of 1-10

If OEM was 2 at idle and 4 revving 6k, this setup is 3 at idle and a very smooth vroom 5.5 at 6k. I am thoroughly impressed. A very classy sound, very fitting for a Mercedes.
    Last edited by Vetruck; 08-23-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Two month review-

I have to say I am extremely happy with how this car sounds. It has a very classy tone to it. I was following my girlfriend getting on the freeway last week when she stepped on it. the car certainly sounds a little modified (not OEM exhaust sound)' yet it is not too loud at all to give that "all noise and no go" sound like you see Honda's etc fall into when they put any kind of aftermarket exhaust. I am 100% pleased with the classiness of this exhaust. It was worth every penny.

Also, being that it is all polished metal pipe and muffler, you can certainly see it underneath the car when driving behind it on the freeway. With the BRABUS conversion and badging, this exhaust certain makes the car looks worthy of BRABUS performance and style. I could not be happier.
    Last edited by Vetruck; 10-22-2015 at 09:44 PM.