Thread: Great productive day today - got lots done and now the center vents work !!!!!

Great productive day today - got lots done and now the center vents work !!!!!

I dodged a bullet today. I had mentioned in another post that I had a light gray vacuum line that was just hanging disconnected by the firewall. I was finally able to figure out where it goes by reaching under the intake and feeling around. That killed two birds with one stone. Better idle, and the center vents now work !! Wow, what a relief that is!

I also cleaned the throttle body and mass air flow sensor. It very well now, better idle, but it did make one problem that now seems to be gone. When I first started it after cleaning both, it was very hard to start and ran horribly. It barely ran. I turned it off and restarted, and it purred. Unfortunately, it threw a bunch of codes. Ran down to O'Reilly's, and the read the codes. Multiple misfire codes, etc. The problem is they wouldn't clear. The engine runs smoothly, there is obviously no misfire anymore, but the code reader wasn't able to clear the codes. I have the negative battery cable disconnected ow, I am hoping that clears the codes.

Lots more to do, but making headway. A/C is next.

Why in the world is the "EC" light on the climate controller on?????

In Charge
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Cleaning your maf is misleading repair method that can cause more problems and often encouraged by employees who know nothing at Orielly in order to sell worthless products as well as injector cleaners ect ect.

Hot film mass air flow sensors do go bad often, every 60-80k. Replace it with new one!

My scanner won't clear them normally what I have to do is cycle the ignition so the computer shuts down in the car turn to position 2 and spam the reader to clean codes quickly and it will clear them it sounds stupid but it works lol something with security on the ecm