Thread: spacer advise!

spacer advise!

got 18" monos ET47 and want to put 20mm spacers for the rear. saw some on ebay but it seems like theres so many different types. i know i need hubcentric 5x112 but whats the center hub bore? and any recommendations on what brand. Or should i be fine with picking up some off ebay

I'm fairly certain it's 66.6mm
    JJJ.

the center bore should be 66.56 and it should be hubcentric. as far as the brand, it really depends on how much you want to spend on it... Just make sure it is the correct bolt pattern/center bore and its hubcentric and you should be good,

i had purchased some spacers specific to brabus wheels and i still have it laying around... since i never owned any brabus wheels.

For 20mm, you do NOT want spacers. You want wheel adapters. Th difference between spacers and adapters is spacers simply rest on the same wheelstuds so you have to lengthen the wheel studs (or in the case here the lug bolts) This can put strain on a lug bolt that long (yes even is hub centric) so the better option s to go with an adapter that bolts to the hob with 5 lugs, then has another set of holes that the lugs will go into when fitting the wheel. (total of 10 lugs per wheel- 5 inner, 5 outer- can be different often between the 5 and 5 due to bolt head size and thread lengths) Generally a good wheel adapter from a reputable company will include the 5 inner wheel studs to mount an adapter plate to move an OEM wheel outward.

I would recommend H&R for quality of metal used.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetruck View Post
    For 20mm, you do NOT want spacers. You want wheel adapters. Th difference between spacers and adapters is spacers simply rest on the same wheelstuds so you have to lengthen the wheel studs (or in the case here the lug bolts) This can put strain on a lug bolt that long (yes even is hub centric) so the better option s to go with an adapter that bolts to the hob with 5 lugs, then has another set of holes that the lugs will go into when fitting the wheel. (total of 10 lugs per wheel- 5 inner, 5 outer- can be different often between the 5 and 5 due to bolt head size and thread lengths) Generally a good wheel adapter from a reputable company will include the 5 inner wheel studs to mount an adapter plate to move an OEM wheel outward.

I would recommend H&R for quality of metal used.

are they risk with using 20mm spacers? what about 15mm

I would not go more that 3/8" with spacers. That equates to about 9.5mm

Here, these are what you should get if you want 20mm. These are adapters, not spacers.

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES11739/?gc...FZFafgodRQMOmQ

Vetruck what's your view on possible long term damage using a 20mm spacer on hubs, wheel bearings and suspension?
    JJJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetruck View Post
    Here, these are what you should get if you want 20mm. These are adapters, not spacers.

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES11739/?gc...FZFafgodRQMOmQ
    With these would I still need to buy extended lugs or do the bolts they give you should be good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by John Jones Jr. View Post
    Vetruck what's your view on possible long term damage using a 20mm spacer on hubs, wheel bearings and suspension?
    Bolts that long scare me. It is the same reason yougo studs and nuts rather than long bolts to torque heads in place. Long metal wire twists with force and allow for toraonal give. Studs are better, but best of all to goshort as possible for best strength and longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by adge_dre View Post
    With these would I still need to buy extended lugs or do the bolts they give you should be good enough?
    OEM ones will be proper fit onto those adapters to hold the wheel to the adapter.

is this the exact part and size i need?

Yes they are. They are 20mm like you asked for.

H&R part # 4056653

20mm DRA kit for Mercedes W202 (The A in DRA is for Attachment, it comes with the lugstuds that attach this adapter to the rotor hub)
    Last edited by Vetruck; 09-05-2015 at 12:46 AM.