Thread: Alternative replacement discs for C43 Front brakes

Alternative replacement discs for C43 Front brakes

ok so after figuring out how much front discs costs for a C43, is there a cheaper alternative? The brakes isnt on a 43 nor brake something as fast or heavy as a 43 so I think its ok to skimp a bit on the discs.
    Oh and pads will be custom made from a local racing shop unless someone can come up with a alternative that costs less than 280nz and can brake as good as the mintex race range

I also looked at those because I wanted to upgrade from my stock ones on my C230, but was quickly turned away by the price. I ended up going with calipers and rotors from a W203 C55 which are a little bigger and much cheaper to replace. You'll have to make sure you have clearance to your wheel as it is super close with the C43 wheels.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C55upgrade.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	2744
    KOMPRESSED

Cheapest C43 front rotors I've found are about $215ea from Pelican.
    KOMPRESSED

I guess Im lucky having a light weight car. My oem brakes work great with just Porterfield pads. Can;t see adding all that unsprung and rotational weight. It only hurts performance and ride comfort if you are not road racing the car.

You could also go with the C36 brakes. A little smaller/lighter and you could probably run 16" wheels if you needed or wanted. They still use a 4-pot caliper and the rotor is 315mm.
    KOMPRESSED

In Charge
    C32 brakes would be the better option. Lighter, cheaper, OEM.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

2005+ c230 kompressor sport rotors. I have them on my c43

Sorry for digging up an old ish thread. However, a full set of w211 brakes from a cls500 has come up for sale. Does anyone know if the are the same as the c32 brakes or if they will fit on a 202 without much drama? The set cheaper than two new discs and they seemed to be in good condition

I don't think so. The mounting ears on the caliper are much shorter than the C32/C55 ones. And the rotor height is 15mm thicker overall.
    KOMPRESSED

Im going to check out the brakes tomorrow. looks like lll get them either way. I have a set of c43 calipers sitting here now so Ill see what the fitment differences will be. They sure do look a little better than the c43 calipers lol

Did you get them?
    KOMPRESSED

yep i did, havent had a chance to test fit yet but will get to it

righto just test fitted the calipers. They are a perfect bolt on with a very minor adjustment to the rotor shield. As expected the rotor was far from fitting. Planing to order c230 sport rotors. Question is my original rotors are 43mm high and c230 sport rotors I think are 47.1mm. Should that still work without issue?