Recently I obtained a dyno comp m111 header from another member I am in the process of installing it properly
I will be updating dyno comp on my progress so they may make one for our w202 autos
Current I had to cut 6 inches in length off the header to clear the idler arm. as the header is too angled. (Will tell them to make less angle to clear idler arm )
I'm using a 4in ( inner diameter) to 3 in reducer pipe ( regardless ) and some careful welding because I had to cut the coupler off the header and my mig is broke ..
Was hoping to grab a 3 in flex pipe but I couldn't find one so for a later day that part shall come
My exhaust is (was stock pipe sbend to a) (will be 3in from header now )
a 3 in cat- to 3in (18 long) resonator- to 2 1/2 pipe to the factory y pipe (was to the split cat system has internal restrictor to the one side to give a unique note to two 2 1/4 pipes to 2 mufflers straight out the center (vette style)
Sounded deep and not too raspy but flipin loud ..
After the header is on I'm going to experiment with rasp boxes like the s2000 uses to break up rasp notes in the pipe that the resonator didn't catch 3g cold has rasp hot ? Different story
Any who
I'm told these motors need to breath like any forced induction car more flow is more resonsive
I know 3in may be a bit big but it's what I gots I wanted a deep rumble and I will obtain it dammit !!
Will finish it up tomorrow hopefully