Thread: Anyones opinion on air shocks (not bags)

Anyones opinion on air shocks (not bags)

What's people's opinions on air shocks
    Was thinking on doing a air shocks setup if there is any benefits for it over conventional shocks/ struts

They are intended for cars carrying heavy loads. Other then that they are just like a conventional shock but more money. Are you planning on driving with 500+ extra pounds in the car then what the car is designed for?

No actually, but I'm glad you replied as you know alot on suspension
    My father's old t.a had air shocks on it so it ran past my mind I'm not looking for super duty shocks but something I can adjust to please my tastes
    Are they all that heavy duty ? Depending on the air psi will it make it stiffer or looser ?
    Kinda like say more air I make them stiffer and lower air for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by vaspen View Post
    My father's old t.a had air shocks on it so it ran past my mind I'm not looking for super duty shocks but something I can adjust to please my tastes
    Are they all that heavy duty ? Depending on the air psi will it make it stiffer or looser ?
    THey are basically for load "assist". You have not mentioned this but to clarify in case this is your intent- they should not be used in place of your coil springs. What happens if you use them properly as intended to assist load is they make the suspension lift and become very losfty. You will change the geometry of the suspension by changing ride heights. THey are to be inflated with extra load ONLy to maintain a proper ride height.

Sorry I took so long to respond, I have been very busy lately on not on here.

Quote Originally Posted by vaspen View Post
    THey are basically for load "assist". You have not mentioned this but to clarify in case this is your intent- they should not be used in place of your coil springs. What happens if you use them properly as intended to assist load is they make the suspension lift and become very losfty. You will change the geometry of the suspension by changing ride heights. THey are to be inflated with extra load ONLy to maintain a proper ride height.

Sorry I took so long to respond, I have been very busy lately on not on here.

I wouldn't be replacing the coils for them I'd do a actual air bag setup with normal shocks if that were the case
    But I'm gna retain the spring / strut combo for now
    My intent was wondering about spring coil / air shocks setup
    Last edited by vaspen; 12-17-2015 at 06:57 AM.