Pretty much the best tire in that category is the Michelin Premier AS. I have them on my stockers and they have a decent ride. I can tell you I have tried the Kumho Solus tires on my Cadillac and they are terrible compared to the Michelin- this is ride quality as well as steering responsiveness. As for lateral grip? Not in those size wheels. it really is a mute point that nothing that size will hold a corner well compared to a 17 or 18x8 wheel and tire combo taking the best 15 and the worst 17- the 17 is an easy win.

I am a tire connoisseur if I may say- I actually just put Michelin Pilot SuperSports onto my car in 225-40-18 fronts and 255-35-18 rears only because I seek the very best lateral grip out there for safety in dry and wet conditions. I always feel bad recommending tires etc due to cost and affordability. TO each it is a personal choice and what one can or cares to spend. I always look at it is the safety link between me and the road. I spare no expensive and will try to spend extra money wisely for that safety of grip.