Thread: Help Needed - Engine Swap!

Help Needed - Engine Swap!

How's it going everyone

I have a 96 C180 auto and I have the option to buy a C230K engine locally with low mileage for a very reasonable price. My simple (or maybe not so simple) question is this: Will the C230K be compatible with my car? And if so, what is involved in the transplant?

I have done so much googling, searching and looking but so far I've no final answer so I'm hoping someone here has some good news for me!!

Thanks in advance!

If the 230K engine is from a facelift car, '98 on I'd imagine it's not practical as there was a host changes between pre facelift and facelift W202's. I can't be more specific than that as I've no direct experience of such a transplant. If you do go for it I reckon possibly the easiest way would to use a standalone engine ECU. Also you'll need to consider brakes and possibly the axle ratio too. If it was me in your shoes I'd simply sell the C180 and buy a 230K/280/C36/C43.
    JJJ.

I have a 98 c230. Bought a 99 kompressor motor with harness and ecu. Im having a performance shop in town do the swap. My question is......where the hell do u get performance upgrades for this motor before it is put in. ( pulleys, ecu tunes, stiffer motor mounts, etc) ?

Quote Originally Posted by miggsusa View Post
    I have a 98 c230. Bought a 99 kompressor motor with harness and ecu. Im having a performance shop in town do the swap. My question is......where the hell do u get performance upgrades for this motor before it is put in. ( pulleys, ecu tunes, stiffer motor mounts, etc) ?
    There's not a whole lot. Eurocharged does a tune, and there's pulleys out there but most people now seem to have them custom made. Intakes are custom and headers are too, I believe.
    KOMPRESSED

Thank you. I appreciate it.