Thread: Air pump delete?

Air pump delete?

Is there a way to remove the air pump without throwing a code? Mine is a '99 C230 California model.
    KOMPRESSED

Nope, I took mine off a few years ago in order to fit an aftermarket swaybar onto my c220. The injection air pump runs for the warm up cycle when you start the engine. What it does is pumps air into the exhaust in order to heat up the cat quicker to burn raw fuel while the car is in open loop warming up. It will activate each and every time you start the car even if the engine is already warm.

My car is so loud especially during warm up. I can't find any leaks in the exhaust. I wish it were quieter in every way except for the S/C and the exhaust note.
    KOMPRESSED

get rid of the air box for loud s.c and run a shorty or a cai you will wake the noise up I was also wondering about the pump I have had 2 different headers (o.e and mikes longtube for the 203 on mine ) and replaced the exhaust stuff under the headers and I still have a leak somewhere under load and frankly its pissing me off ive had the entire head off pressure checked, decked, valve seals you name it it was replaced .... ported and polished too