Thread: another fuel tank thread

another fuel tank thread

I have searched and searched but cannot find a good diagram of how the fuel tank internals work on a 97c230. Am I understanding correctly that the fuel is actually being pulled from the driver's side (u.s.version)? When I knock on the bottom of the tanks the drivers side is empty and the passenger side sounds full. It will only let me put in about 2 gallons and runs out of gas at about thirty miles. I bought the car wholesale and have no idea what the history is.

The saga continues. I ran the car in the driveway for several hours trying to run it out of gas. It started to sputter so I thought I was on empty. When I opened the fuel cap I saw that some sort of pressurization had taken place and pushed the fuel from the splash container up the fuel filler pipe. I took a large pipe and blew the fuel back down the pipe and I would guess expelled air somewhere. I have the trinity with this tank. No fuel guage, unable to fill the tank without the pump shutting off, and I do think it's not making the transfer from one side to the other. I know these are common problems why can't I find a thread with some solutions. This is a backup car and my primary car has the transmission out right now so it is hard for me to justify pulling the senders or tank and having both cars apart. I am just looking for some help in getting by until I can do things right by replacing the sending units/Venturi.

There is some good info on the W202 fuel tank issues on the OZBENZ site.