Thread: 18×8.5 et 47 Amg Monoblock what tire and Spacer????

Cool 18×8.5 et 47 Amg Monoblock what tire and Spacer????

Hi everyone I'm a long time w202 lover and owner of a 98 c230 (classic). Just wanna say I love this forum all of you guys out here give great advise. Was hoping to get some input from guys running 18×8.5 Amg Monoblocks et 47 non staggered. As I just got a set and would like to know what would be the best setup for these beautiful rims ex. Spacers and tires. I'm am at stock hight right now and my pads are #3 all around so after all the reading iv done from this great forum my plan is to go with 15mm spacer in the front which would bring the offset et32 with a 225/40r18 tire and a 20mm spacer in the rear which would make an et27 with a 245/40/r18 tire. Im also gonna put on h&r sport springs which I think is a 1.5 drop front and 1.4 rear. So my question is will this set up work at stock hight and when I drop it? any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading this long ass post..

it should work.. i dont see any problems... why not just go 15mm all around since you have a square set up?

I say 20mm spacer in rear cuz I'm gonna run a 245/40/r18 just wanna make sure I'll clear everthing for when I drop. Plus I love the wide look a little more in the rear then the front. Do you think 20mm will be to much ?

Also anthoer question concerning Bolts. Iv read that for these rims I will need a hybrid bolt a 12mm bolt with a 14mm ball seat. Now the spacers I plan to order come with extended bolts but only come with R12 or R14 now the w202 uses a R12 which is a 12 X 1.50mm bolt and the w140 which I believe is what the rims come off of are use R14 which is a 14 X 1.50mm. MY question is can I order the spacers with the R14 bolts and trim them down to the 12 I need ? Once again any input is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by M_Benz7 View Post
    Also anthoer question concerning Bolts. Iv read that for these rims I will need a hybrid bolt a 12mm bolt with a 14mm ball seat. Now the spacers I plan to order come with extended bolts but only come with R12 or R14 now the w202 uses a R12 which is a 12 X 1.50mm bolt and the w140 which I believe is what the rims come off of are use R14 which is a 14 X 1.50mm. MY question is can I order the spacers with the R14 bolts and trim them down to the 12 I need ? Once again any input is greatly appreciated.
    The answer is no... just get the r12 ball seat as long as you get the correct length