Thread: A/C Warm Air Problem

A/C Warm Air Problem

Second, problem, not as annoying as the headlight ticking (other thread I created). When the car starts it blows extremely warm air. If I leave the A/C on full blast on low settings and drive around for a while it starts to equalize and I can roll the windows up and enjoy moderately cool A/C.

I tried to refill the Freon, this worked for about a week or two of extremely cool air, no problems. Then it went back to the previous problem. I would think it is a leak but again, if left running for a while the temperature does adjust.

I don't have the expertise to be looking with UV lights and Freon dyes for hose leaks or compressor leaks. I've read that using the Freon repair kit sealers is extremely bad for you car and can mess it up.

I used a Freon Kit with 12a (which now I think might have been the wrong refridgerant) Didn't drain just put the can on and let it go to a good reading on the gauge. (Followed a video on youtube by a guy named fupabox)

It's an old car so don't want to spend 1000+ on just fixing the A/c when I pretty much got the entire car for that cheap.

How much pressure do you have in your system right now? It's possible you may have too much loaded into it. Find a service manual (AC servicing) for C230 and follow the manufacturer's recommendation. (I don't know any website that would have this info but it's worth searching for it.)

does your compressor clutch kick in ok? have you checked/replaced your car's thermostat?

Yes, I have looked at the compressor when the car is running and it looks engaged. As for the thermostat I don't know if it has previously been replaced but if I had to guess so no. I haven't replaced it either so it is probably the original.

the high side may be low
    I would get a.c profesionaly diagnosed (that is about the only thing I would have someone els charge and find the leaks but never replace the shit )

Just another note. The AC is cool if not left sitting in the sun, if in the sun it will not cool down.

Found out how to run the AC error codes....I get alot.

I just think a bunch of things are too broken. It will probably be an expensive fix unless these error codes are wrong.

I hate to break the news to you but R12 and R134 are NOT compatible. By combining the two different type of oils, (One is feron base the other is not) they will slowly form a chemical reaction inside the system and eventually permanently clog it. There is a term for this called "Black Death" The system forms a black power like substance that forms on the inside walls of the system each time it cools down.

You MUST evacuate the system of one type before using the other type.

The R12a I used said it was compatible with most types of other refrigerants, including R134.

After looking up those error codes, I saw one was the temperature reader or thermostat. It would make sense if that is failing since The car blows warm air only if its been in the sun. It still blows cold air if I have left it parking underground somewhere or even on a cloudy day with no sun boiling the car. The car probably cant read the temperature of the exterior air coming into the system properly.

Thats just my assumption though...I could be (and probably am) very wrong haha.